Ch 3

The morning came with shouts... Soldier... the loud one with the ill-fitting helmet. I pulled myself out of the dusty bed. All I wanted at this point was a shower and a hot cup of tea. I opened the door and walked to the common room where breakfast was being served. "Morning (Y/N)!" Jeremy greeted me, I let out a scream and everyone became quiet. "That's better..." I walked into the kitchen to look for some tea. "What ya lookin' for shella?" I looked to Sniper, still with his hat and sunglasses on. "Tea..." He frounded to me. "You'd have to ask Spy for that." He grabbed me a coffee cup off of a high shelf. "Theirs, coffee though..." I looked to the pot and let out a 'yuck'. I opened the fridge to see all sorts of creamers. "Never mind, coffee works." I grabbed a thing of creamer and made myself a cup. I walked back into the common room and took a seat between Sniper and Medic. "Spy won't ever join us for breakfast, so ya can take his spot." Jeremy pointed his fork to me and Engie set a plate of food in front of me. Bacon, eggs, toast, hash browns, and a flapjack. "We all introduced ourselves last night right? I got too drunk to remember..."

"Demo you're always too drunk to remember anything." They went around the table making sure I knew who everyone was. We are in relative quiet, until heals could be heard coming into the room. Jeremy whipped his face and swallowed what he was chewing. "Hello Miss Pauling~" She was carrying a box and promptly dropped it on the floor. "You're uniform, Sharp." She pointed to me. I shoveled the rest of my breakfast into my mouth and went to get the box. I carried it back to what I guess is my room. I took a shower, and cleaned a touch. My uniform was not what I was looking for in clothes, so I just threw the shirt over a tank top and slid on a pair of leather pants. The pants had built in slots for my throwing knives and my pistol. I left the room to go to my car. I heard whistles, mainly from Jeremy, as I walked through the common room. I got my weapons out of my car. My riffle was slingged over my shoulder. I felt a pair of eyes on me. "Interesting choice for a car, shella." I turned to see Sniper leaning against the front of a camper van; must be where he sleeps. He pulled a cigarette from his mouth and blew the smoke up. "Easy to live in if I need to." Sniper pointed to his camper van. "Should invest in one of these..."

"Why so I can constantly be repairing it?" He clenched his jaw. "I was joking. The more room I have to more stuff I carry with me." He relaxed and I started walking over to him. "Also I own way too many vehicles as is. I'm only one person." I stood in front of him. His tall slender frame made me look as wide as I was tall. "I don't see any reason to own more than one." I rubbed the back of my head. "Yeah I have three..." Sniper laughed; "I take it they're all classics, like my van." I nodded. "They aren't worth much... ones an old used up pick-up truck and the others a POS Toyo..."

"But ya love them and that's all that matteres." He downed what was left of his coffee and walked into his van. I didn't know if he wanted me to follow or not, so I stayed put. After a short moment I walked away.

     I walked into the War Room to get a look at the map for today. I needed a place with cover that I couldn't be easily flanked... that wasn't happening in the range that I needed. I was a close range sniper, I didn't even have a scope on my rifle, I removed it. "Looking for places to hide?" Spy, the last person I expected to come in here. "Yeah..." My eyes wondered over the map and Spy's shoes came closer to me. "Why not ask Sniper?" I looked up to him as he pulled a cigarette from his lips. "He's long range I'm mid-range. Chances of him knowing a good spot for me are slim... I'm also picky." Spy took a puff off of his cigarette. "One cannot be here..." He went to leave the room. "...Can't make anyone's job too easy." Spy disappeared with a puff of smoke, cloaked himself. I continued looking at the map, trying to find a good spot. If I couldn't be back stab proof what was the next best thing? Putting myself where I could be protected. Somewhere were Sniper could see me and I could see the team. I compromise I didn't want to make but had to. With a prime spot located I left the war room.