Ch 8

The beeping kept me up all night. I dragged my way into the common room. Jeremy let out a scream. "Oh... Hey (Y/N)... You uh... look great today." I glared at him, I was not in the mood for bullshit today. I dragged myself into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee, I took it black. "You felling ok Shela?" I glared up to Sniper. "I unfortunately haven't slept." He frowned to me. "Yeah, you look like death." I downed my coffee and grabbed another cup. "You sure you can battle today...?" I walked away and sat at the table. A plate of food already sat in my spot. "You need to wake up Princess!" I glared up at Soldier. "You call me princess or private twinkle toes again I will kill you." The tone of my voice stopped all motion in the room. "Let's just say that Sharp has had a rough couple of days." Spy... always at the right place at the right time. "What's going on Lassie?" I poked my food waiting for Spy to answer. "That is not important... What is though, is making the enemy Spy's life a living hell today." Pyro celebrated. I looked to Sniper who was walking out of the kitchen. "What's going on with him?" Spy patted my shoulder. "That is for the mademoiselle to tell you all." Spy walked away and all eyes landed on me. "Like Spy said..." My eyes locked with Snipers. "...It's not important." I stood and walked away, leaving my food untouched. Someone chased after me but stopped. I opened my room door and slid in, locking it behind me. I just needed to be alone... I sat on my bed and something rolled into me. I looked to see a bottle of wine. A chill went threw me. I stood and ripped open my door after unlocking it. Sniper was standing there. We stared at each other for a moment. "Where did the wine come from?" I closed the door. "Shela, I don't mean to pry, but you're not yourself." I opened the door wide and stepped back. "Mines well come in..." Sniper hesitantly walked into the room, I closed the door behind him. He walked over and grabbed the wine... "Damn blu's..." Sniper walked to the window, opened it and chunked the wine out of it. "Wankers..." I sat down on the bed. "Singular... Just one wanker..." The notes and rose were on my desk, Sniper took a look at them. I heard him sneer. "Don't worry Shella... I won't let him hurt you..." I turned to Sniper. "Don't tell the others..." He whipped around. "Don't tell them!" I covered my face with my hands. "I don't want to distract everyone with my problems..."
"Damn it Sharp!" I looked to him... he was really angry, it was somewhat scary. "We're a team! Your problems will never be a burden to us! We look out for each other!" My room door cracked... I looked up to see Jeremy, he seemed confused. "What's going on?" I turned to Sniper with pleading eyes. "Our Shella's being threatened... by that blu wanker of a Spy." Jeremy clenched his jaw. "Don't worry, (Y/N). You came to make sure I was alright, I'm going to make sure that you're alright." Jeremy turned from the door. "Let's make this fuckers life a living hell." Jeremy walked away. "Shella it's going to be fine." Sniper's tone had changed. He placed a hand on my shoulder and I began to sob. Sniper let go of me and took a step back. "I'm sorry... I really am... I just..." I laid down and buried my face in one of the pillows. "...You're not mad of me are you?" I didn't answer, I just sobbed. I heard Sniper go to walk out of the room. "Please... stay here." I looked to him, he had froze in place. "I'm scared and tired." I heard him sigh. "Theirs about three hours before the battle, so you should get some rest." Sniper walked back into the room and sat down at my desk chair. "Thank you, Sniper." I stopped sobbing and laid down to rest for a while.

     I was awoken by Sniper. "Come on, Shella, that's all the rest for now." I sat up and stretched. "Thank you." Sniper smiled. "Ya don't have to keep sayin that." I smiled to him, and he blushed. I let out a small laugh, and he stood. "We got to hurry, just ten minutes till battle." I jumped up grabbed my stuff. I turned to look for Sniper again but he was gone. "He walks so quietly." I ran after him. "Hey! Wait up!" I caught up with him after a minuet of running. "You walk to fast." He turned to me. "No, my legs are just longer." I pouted and quickened my pace to keep up with him and let out a yawn. "If you need to hide out, or just want a cup of coffee, just head up to my nest." I smiled to him. "Alright." We entered the respawn room with seconds to spare. "Have a nice nap, (Y/N)?" Jeremy wiggled his eyebrows at me. I let out an irritated sigh and slapped him in the back of the head. "Let's just win this one..."

     ...We lost... we were all really disappointed. I was sitting on the floor of the common room with Pyro. He was drawing me a new picture of me with the team. It was quiet... too quiet. I guess the losses are killing moral. I leaned back onto the couch and closed my eyes. "So... are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?" Jeremy spoke up, about the last thing I wanted to talk about. "Which one?" Spy and Medic were staring down a chess board, neither feeling up to playing. "Oh, I don't know, maybe the one that's stalking my friend?" I let out a groan. "Jeremy, let's not talk about this right now." I heard him jump up off the floor. "So when are we going to talk about it!? When you've been kidnapped?" I sighed and look to the group. "Jeremy please..." I watched as he walked in fount of the group. "We're losing to these creeps day after day! And to make things worse one of them is stalking our new member! We would never let these bastards treat Miss Pauling like this!" I looked around to my teammates. Heavy had his jaw clenched and looked really pissed. Sniper who was cleaning his knife now clenched it with white knuckles. Pyro had a lighter out. Everyone looked angry. "Let's show these fuckers how we do things down town!" The men began screaming and shouting in agreement, Spy excluded. He began calming the team down. "If we're going to do this we need a plan..." We all looked to Spy. "Let's get to work." Everyone took off to the war room, except Sniper. We both stood; "Next battle..." I looked to Sniper, he was still holding his knife with white knuckles. "...I won't let that Scout near you..." I smiled to him. "...I will make sure you do not die." Sniper turned from me and headed to the war room. I was left in the common room alone with my thoughts.