Fell asleep again? - || Rom. Kaebedo

Based On this HC : "Kaeya leaves Albedo notes and cecilia flowers every now and then."

Time: 1:30 AM - Dec. 4th.

........

The night was cold as the blue-haired knight walked the moonlit streets of Mondstadt, his footsteps echoing on the dusty ground. He stopped at the laboratory, opening the door with a soft creak. Tip-toeing down the stairs he slipped the small note out of his pocket, a few flowers carefully wrapped in his other hand.

A candle flickered on the desk where a sleeping figure could be scene, their usually tied up hair now down and across their shoulders. The knight chuckled and stepped closer, looking down. He took off his jacket and covered the alchemist's shoulders.

He brushed the hair out of his eyes and kissed his forehead softly. Then, leaving the note and the flowers on the desk, quietly left to go back to his station.

Hours later the alchemist woke up, his neck sore from the position he was sleeping in. He noticed the small gift on his desk and a smile graced his face. He sat up straighter and stretched, the coat falling off his shoulders without him realizing.

As usual he put the flowers to dry by the window and opened the note.

"Mahal Kita~ Going on a quick mission. See you later today, Albedo."

- Kaeya 🩵

Typical Kaeya, always finding a different language to say 'I love you' in.

Albedo stood up and retied his hair, he still had work to do after all...
.
.
.
Dec. 10th

The rain poured heavily outside as Albedo stared blankly at the papers in his hand.

December 10th. Year: ---

Name: Kaeya Alberich

Occupation: Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius

Current State: Missing.

Last Sighting on Dec. 4th, leaving for a visit to Dragonspine. A search party has been sent to look for him. Until then we have no information on his whereabouts. If you have any more info...

Albedo put the paper aside, not sure how to feel. There was one thought that lingered in his mind as he looked at the last note Kaeya had given him.

He hadn't come back.

"Mr. Albedo, Grandmaster Jean would like to talk to you," Said a green-haired girl from the doorway, a worried look on her face.

He snapped out of his thoughts though his mind was still a mess, "I'll be there in a moment Sucrose."

The girl nodded and left, closing the door behind her. Albedo sighed, putting his head in his hands. His chest felt heavy and his eyes watery. This wasn't something he was used to..

Was this what true emotion felt like? What a horrible thing it was indeed.