Hair Hold Memories || Pla. Kaeluc

SPY/MAFIA AU

"Well dear brother. I'm surprised you agreed to help us on this mission." Kaeya sneered, taking a sip of his drink a he leaned forward against the bar counter.

Diluc scowled. "I only agreed to this since it involves the Fatui. Jean has also made a deal to help out with my own personal dealings."

The blue-haired male chuckled, setting his glass down. "Ah, Jean. You always took a fancy to her didn't you? Even when we were kids, you always insisted on being her side in our mock fights."

"This is no time to be reminiscing on the past Alberich."

Kaeya's smile tensed. "You're no fun Diluc."

"You're too relaxed. Focus on the mission, the target has already arrived." He countered, putting away the other used glasses.

His gaze lingered on a girl in the crowd before he looked away.

Kaeya looked at his brother as he worked, his gaze softened slightly.

"You cut your hair shorter," he pointed out.

His brother stiffened. "I know."

The air seemed to get heavier, the noise of the laughter and chatter tuning out for the both of them as they stared for a moment. Both thinking, both remembering.

"This is all you, remember I'm only here if things get out of hand," Diluc muttered, shattering the bunny as he pulled his gaze away from him.

"Oh I know, I've got it all covered." Kaeya winked, regaining his composure before standing up and walking over to the girl.

Diluc watched as he disappeared into the crowd. 

Hair holds memories. Is what they always said.

The sound of a bang. Eyes full of life once gone as his father fell to the floor. He had, no, they had been so young then. Too young to be experiencing such pain. Too young for betrayal, too young for loss.

But it was all a blur now. The gun in Kaeya's hand, the look of horror on his face, scissors snipping away rapidly and red hair falling.

Yet if that philosophy was true then why had he kept his long?

Did he not want to forget? After all that he did?

He sighed, putting a finger to his earpiece to talk.

It was no matter now though. It didn't matter that they were brothers, all the mattered was that he was on the opposing side. He had made a deal, and a deal must always be done.

The other hand pulled out his gun, gripping it tightly as he did his best not to let his voice crack as he aimed it right at Kaeya's head as he laughed with the girl.

"Target is open."

.
.
.
.

Uhh impulse write ig idk I just wanted to write abt these two Srry for really bad upload schedules since I have a yt channel to worry abt too.