11 - Seeing From The Blind Eyes

Another semester, another chance to see each other.

Bright did not let what happened last semester to repeat itself. He promised himself not to be associated with Win again and he wanted it to happen.

But why does he hate the sight of Win talking to someone he doesn't know. The sight of Win being friendly to someone else, he hates it. Even more now that Win never looks at his direction. And if they did, he would immediately go to a different path or avoid his eyes.

And at the end of the day, the more of this unsettling feeling increases.

“What with that face?”

“What?”

“You've been staring at Prof Win since we got here.”

“I-I wasn't.”

Nathaniel sat beside him and looked at where Win's direction was. “Who's he talking to? Do you know that guy?”

“No. I don't actually remember anyone, remember?”

“Oh, you're right. But it looks like he's that close to Prof. He's hugging him, I mean, Prof Win is.”

Immediately Bright looks back at where Win was and without noticing his reaction, where all over his face and body.

He stood up and quickly fastened his pace to get nearer to them, trying to figure out what they were talking about, while his face showed the most annoyed look he had ever shown and here's Nathaniel who's somehow enjoying his friend's emotion.

“Why are we sneakily following them?”

“We're not…”

“We're not? Then why are you hiding? YOU DON'T WANT PROF TO SEE YOU?” Nathaniel emphasized the whole sentence as if Win would hear them talking, making Bright flustered and embarrassed.

He quickly pulled him down and made him sit beside him. “What the hell are you doing? He could've heard you.”

“Why not? It's not like you two don't see each other on campus.” Nathaniel’s words got him silent and he let a deep sigh out. “Don’t tell me you two aren’t on good terms anymore?”

“We were never on good terms to begin with.”

“What happened? The last time I talked to him about you, it felt like he wanted to reconcile with you. He didn’t?”

“He wanted?”

“Yeah. when I told him where you were, he immediately rushed to the hospital. I even told him to make things right this time, but I guess he didn’t do it.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Bright, I know it. My gut told me something was going on between the two of you and I was right. You were married to him. Still is. Right?”

“How did you know about this? Did he tell you about us?”

“You’re not listening, mister. I said I had a hunch since that day you introduced yourself in his class. And when we got to talk about you, I ended up making him tell the truth and so here we are.”

“Nathaniel.”

“Are you mad? I was just thinking about you. I didn’t mean any harm. I’m sorry.”

“No. It’s not about that.”

“What then?”

He took a deep breath and everything started getting clouded inside his head. Bright didn’t know what to believe anymore. He didn’t know what to do, what to think about, what to say, or even how to breathe normally. All he could think about now was Win.