12 - Somewhere In Between You And Me

Their kiss was slowly getting heated and Bright didn't want that now. He pushed Win away only to see him building those tears in his eyes.

"You're crying again?"

"I-l'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing, Win."

"I'm sorry."

Bright started laughing as he reached for Win's cheeks to pinch his cheeks.

"Stop crying. I'll take everything back if you're not going to stop."

"Alright, I'll stop." And so Win did.

But what now? What are they supposed to do after this? It completely turns everything upside down. His actions and words before we're not supposed to be like this. They were supposed to end their relationship months ago. They were supposed to be not in love anymore. But what are they doing now?

Slowly, Win held his waist, leaning towards his neck. "Can we stay like this for a while?" Bright didn't even bother forcing himself out of his embrace but only let Win do whatever he wanted.

"Don't you have any class? It's already 10 am..." Bright said but Win didn't answer him. "You should get going. The students might be looking for you now."

"Can't I just stay with you?"

"No. You have to go. We can talk again later."

"You sure?" Bright nodded and Win accepted his defeat. "Alright. I'll see you later."

"Okay."

"I'll wait for you in my car."

"No. I told you, people might see us and they might talk about us."

"Why do I have to care about them? You're all that is important to me."

"Win, remember, you are a professor here and I'm a student— your student."

"But before I become a professor, I am your husband."

"They don't know that. Plus, for now, let's just keep it this way. I don't want everyone to think you're favoring me because I am your husband."

"But you are my husband."

"Goodness. Why are you so persistent?"

"I just missed you."

"I know. And I did too. But that doesn't mean we have to let everyone in the campus know about us. You have to stay professional when we're here."

"I can never do that. Now that we're almost okay."

"Almost? What do you mean almost?"

"I still have to explain what happened that day. I know you have a lot of questions and worries. But I will answer every question you have. Everything. If you would give me another chance, I'll make you fall for me again. Just for us to work again."

"Even if I don't remember the old us?"

"I don't care. What's more important to me is us. Whether the past and present are two completely different stories, I would gladly live it again just for us to be together again."

He looks at Bright with so much affection and Bright would be a complete cold if he wouldn't feel Win's true feelings after he said that.

"God. Are you always this cringy?"

"Only to you, just you."

With that being said, initially, Bright would feel uneasy but this time, he wasn't sure if it's just the atmosphere talking. Because seconds after that, he initiated the kiss.