Chapter 4

(EARTH 38)

*National City*

[CATCO]

~A couple of days later after Kara went to Earth 1~

Winn's pov

It's been a couple of days since Kara left for Earth 1, who knew that with Kara gone Cat Grant would be even more tester and more grumpy then usual. She kept on yelling Kara's name, well more like 'Kira' will she ever actually learn Kara's name? Probably not, there's still no word from kara. I can't help but to think that something bad could've happened to her. I know I told Alex not to worry but I can't help but to jump to the worst possible conclusion/thoughts. Soon I was interrupted from my thoughts by Miss Grant standing at my desk as i was working, she suddenly spat "Where is Kira? She hasn't been here in the past couple of days, so where is she?" I lied by saying "She got really sick, so she's been stuck at home coughing and vomiting" Miss Grant then looked at me with her ice cold gaze then asked "Then why isn't she picking up her phone?" i then lied again by saying "She accidentally broke her phone and hasn't been able to go out to get a new one yet" she then asked with a snappy attitude "How did she break it then? And why was she so careless?" I then allied again saying "On her way home from the hostpidal some guy bumped into her made her drop her phone, when she bent down to pick it up he angrily snatched it up and threw it against a brick wall and snapped at her calling her a stupid bitch"

"So then why didn't she stop by and tell me herself"

"Because she knows how much you hate germs"

"Hm... Is that so? Another question, where has Supergirl been?"

"I don't know, that's more of a question for James Olsen not me"

"And why's that?"

"Because I only know her by the news and the articles we post here at CATCO"

She then gave me a little snarl then demanded me "When you go to see Kira tell her to report to me IMMEDIATELY after shes back to good health" I then responded with "Yes ma'am" miss grant then mumbled something under her breath as she passed by James Olsen, i didn't hear it though. James walked up to my desk and asked me "Where's Kara?" how many people are going to ask me that? I just told him "I'll tell you after work" James then asked "Why not right now?" i responded with "Because with kara gone Miss grant is even more grumpy and testier than ever, and she has given me a thousand new assignment to be done by next week and i really need to focus on it otherwise she'll have my head" then i proceeded to get back to work. Then he responded with "Okay... So should i be worried about kara, i overheard miss grant say something about getting a new assistant" i then just thought to myself 'Ah so that's what she muttered under her breath' then I told him "No probably not, well not about the new assistant thing anyways" he then looked confused and asked "What is that supposed to mean?!?" i then looked up in frustration and took a deep breathe and let out a exhausting sigh then looked back at him and said "I'll tell you after work" then i went back to these 1,000 new assignments, then james muttered under his breath "I guess Cat Grant is not the only one that's getting more cranky with kaka gone" i guess he didn't think that i could heard him.

~Later at the end of the work day~

Man that was an exhausting day, i was able to complete 351 of those 1k(1,000) aggingments(hehe a little HAMILTON reference). That should leave me with 649 more of those cursed assignments, suddenly James came running up to me asking me "Sooo... How many of those assignments did you get through?" i told him "351" he was shocked. I then told him "i still got 649" his eyes got wider than the second before. He then was able to say "Wow, i thought you were overexaggerating" i then said "Nope, she literally gave me 1,000 of those cursed assignments" he then said "Dang, why though"