intro (end of the world)

Ariana's Pov

How can I tell if I'm in the right relationship?
Aren't you really s'posed to know that shit?
Feel it in your bones and own that shit? I don't know.

——————————

Dalton and I had a great relationship at the start. We met around the time the Sweetener Tour was nearly finished. He came to the last show and supported me as a friend.

We developed a romance when covid had hit and quarantined together. Everyone I surrounded myself with told me that he was perfect for me. Almost as if he was made for me.

It sounded too good to be true.

It just lacked something and I knew it from the start. I didn't want to face the mirror and didn't want to tell myself that this wasn't at all what I wanted.

It was amazing until it wasn't and I don't know where to begin to tell you how things went south. I'm not even completely sure why or how it happened.

I just knew we weren't each other's soulmate or anything of the sort. I mean our relationship turned marriage was everything I could ever dream of having until it wasn't, but everything took a sharp turn when I left to film Wicked in London.

——————————

Then I had this interaction I've been thinkin' 'bout for like five weeks
Wonder if she's thinkin' 'bout it too and smiling
Wonder if she knows that that's been what's inspirin' me
Wonder if she's judgin' me like I am right now
I don't care.

——————————

When I got to London, everything was settled as was I and the entire cast and crew. I met with our director John and Cynthia. Her and I hit it off before London but we truly had a bond like no other.

I remember mine and Y/n's first interaction clear as day. I was walking out of my trailer and I over-heard someone playing an acoustic guitar and sitting on the steps of their trailer directly across from mine.

What a beautiful voice.

I was intrigued to say the least. The raspiness of her vocal cords singing a melodramatic tune struck something inside me as I walked over to her.

I didn't want to make my presence known because she seemed to be completely consumed in the music she was singing.

She looks up and her playing and singing come to an abrupt halt as she immediately jumps back startled by my sudden appearance.

"Oh my god!" She places her hands over her heart as if that was going to help her calm it down.

"I am so so sorry for scaring you. I just heard you singing and playing when I stepped out of my trailer." I said smiling nervously and backing up a bit with my hands up in surrender.

"Whew. No, no it's all good." She sighed then let out a little giggle, placing her guitar against the trailer to give me her full attention. The action making my smile widen into a cheeky one.

"You sounded amazing. I'm Ariana by the way." I introduced myself as I placed a small part of my hair behind my ear that had blew in my face due to the slight breeze that had picked up.

"Oh goodness, it's a pleasure to hear a great compliment from someone of your caliber, Ariana. My name is Y/n Y/Ln and I'm so thrilled to be on this project." She says smiling and standing up and extending her hand out to me in which I accepted, shaking my hand.

"Like wise. It's all just so surreal. I have loved Wicked since I was very young and it's a dream come true, you know? I can't tell you how many times I went and saw the broadway adaptation. It's phenomenal, might I add." I rant, overtaken with sudden excitement about why we're both here.

"Oh yes, for sure! I'm proud to admit the same. The broadway adaptation of it is outstanding, if I do say so myself. I'm just happy to be here and grateful for this experience." She lets out a sigh of content.

"I agree.. well. I won't keep you, Y/n. I know we probably have a busy week with rehearsals. I just wanted to introduce myself. Have a great night." I grin as I bid my farewell, backing away to head back to my trailer.

"It always a pleasure. I'm glad I was able to meet you before we started rehearsals, Ariana. I'm thrilled to start working with everyone. Have a wonderful rest of the evening as well.." I smile nodding before turning around and walking back inside my trailer.

——————————

I'd rather tell the truth (Truth)
Than make it worse for you, mm (You)

——————————

Do I really want to tell everyone how it all went down between the three of us or should I really say four including Dalton's new girlfriend?

I really should be the bigger person no matter how much he hurt me. I don't want anyone to have hate for him because he is a great person just not a great husband.

He pushed me into the idea of finding the person who actually would go to the ends of the earth for me without question now.

I just want to tell you how Y/n came into my life but I can't tell you without explaining how Dalton played a benefiting role in it.

After all, I would love to erase all the memories of Dalton if I could.

Even though, we did have some good times. The majority of it was ruined because of his own selfishness and jealousy.

He did inevitably push me into the arms of my true soulmate and the one I could count on for the rest of my life.

He will forever be just my eternal sunshine.

——————————

If the sun refused to shine
Baby, would I still be your lover?
Would you want me there?
If the moon went dark tonight
And if it all ended tomorrow
Would I be the one on your mind, your mind, your mind?
And if it all ended tomorrow
Would you be the one on mine?