Chapter 3 - Bye

Bye-bye
Boy, bye, hmm
Hmm
Bye-bye
Boy, bye
It's over, it's over, oh, yeah

——————————

It was now pitch black outside and the only light in the area was the front porch light a small distance away.

I sat on the perfectly sculpted lawn waiting for Courtney to arrive. I continued sobbing and shaking as I clutched onto my knees for dear life.

I wanted this night to end already and I was not even fully believing the reality of what transpired in front of me a few minutes ago.

I did not think he had it in him to pull a stunt like this above all else, cheat on me. I knew about his ego, but chose to ignore it because he truly could be a great person.

I mean I've seen it and I knew he could be.

He would just get angry and possessive so fast and I never understood why.

He had me wrapped around his finger. I married him. I wasn't going anywhere. I made my entire life almost near private to suit his.

It was out of respect for our relationship but my existence since I was a teenager has been broadcasted by myself and the media.

I could see the damaged I caused to the relationship I have with my fans because I thought of what would suit him best so he wouldn't get harassed.

He barely wanted me to share anything with them. He is an extremely private person and I am a public figure. How does that even work without cost?

If only I had these thoughts as soon as we got together. If only I knew the bullshit I have to endure throughout our relationship leading to now.

If I knew all of this would bite me in the ass, I wouldn't have came back from London to try to fix what I thought was a small issue between us.

I definitely thought wrong.

I should've listened to what my friends were saying months ago and even recently after he his episode on the Wicked set.

Meanwhile, this motherfucker had been taking his ring off when he went out to club (which is a red flag in itself) and was using my name to get into places per TMZ.

Make it make sense because it doesn't.

Catering to my dissatisfaction of hearing about it, my friends still being as caring and protective of me as humanely possible, showed me those TMZ articles and I chose to ignore them like the smitten, loyal wife I am.

Bad decision, I should've said something.

——————————

This ain't the first time I've been hostage to these tears
I can't believe I'm finally movin' through my fears
At least, I know how hard we tried, both you and me
Didn't we? Didn't we?

——————————

It wasn't all bad though, much to my dismay.

We had a blast early in the relationship and marriage. We would cook things for our families and friends and spend quality time with everyone.

He became my muse for my last album positions and even gave me a few ideas for the title track's music video.

We got matching tattoos and his friend that did them was tattoo artist and recording artist.

We went on many vacations to relax and get away. I treated him as if he was royalty in my eyes and he could do no wrong.

Maybe that's where I went wrong? I was blinded for so long.