Chapter 1 - Questionable Differences

Mid January 2023

There was a strong sense of urgency when I stepped out of my trailer this morning.

After last nights talk with Dalton everything just seemed off. As if he had something better to do or someone else to harness his attention.

Months ago, he came and stayed with me in the cottage I rented out in England a lot when we had rehearsals from July 2022 to the first few weeks of December 2022.

In that time, he still had to fly back and forth for work during that time as well hence why my family and friends would accompany me when he was gone and sometimes simultaneously.

Things started to get rough between the two of us right after filming began in mid December 2022.

It was constant fighting while I was trying my hardest to keep my composure stagnant since these movies were all I could I have ever wished to be apart of since I was a little girl in Boca Raton.

I had to devote all of my attention to get into character for this role because Glinda had become a part of me that I didn't want to lose.

I can't quite put a finger on why things were unfolding like they were. It was just odd for someone to be completely head over heels for you vice versa then to suddenly not want to be bothered with the decision to make an effort to come and see me anymore.

It was nearly impossible to have a good conversation with him now without accusations or jealousy slipping from his tongue.

Why was he like this? I wasn't going out of my way to be with anyone else but him. We were married for christ sake.

—————————

We had been filming for almost a month now.

Everyone had began to feel like family to me. Every single day way there was something new to work on and I couldn't be more overjoyed.

Cynthia and I were sharing jokes with each other as we sat next to one another and ate a quick lunch. Our diets concluded of mostly salads to be as fit as possible for our main roles. It was bland but there was a lot of upkeep that needed to be maintained and managed on our parts.

The two of us were normally up as early as four or five every morning either to be refreshed for the day to come with workout routines and meditation. We were constantly working nearly fourteen hours a day, five days a week.

The atmosphere was just spectacular down to the sets and how much detail John wanted everything to a t.

I became really close to Jonathan, Michelle, Bowen, Jeff, and Y/n. We spent several hours together rehearsing and filming tirelessly. We all had such a significant bond with each other.

"Have you heard from Dalton?" Cynthia inquires breaking me out my thoughts, placing her hand on top of mine with comfort.

"Uh...yeah. I face-timed him last night when I got back to my trailer. He was upset with me." I said and looked down trying to not to show her that it had been bothering me.

"Again? Darling, what's going on with the two of you?" She asks as she places her fork down for a moment to grab my hand in hers and to give me her full attention.

"I just don't know anymore. He is always mad. He keeps telling me that I don't make enough time for him." I scoff before continuing, "I just don't understand. What does he want me to do? I'm filming several hours a day and have two off days. I'm trying to make this work but he's just being too much."

"Sweetheart, just fly him here for a visit. He's probably just worried about you. You two spent a great amount of time together before you came here. He's used to being with you everyday." She says trying to console me, bringing me into a hug.