250-267

Chapter 250.

     "Did you find out where he went?"

Wang Chong lifted his head to look at Ma Yinlong and asked.

"I didn't chase after him. The forest is lush, making it easy for him to be discovered. Thus, the moment he entered the forest, he retreated. If I'm not mistaken, the place where the Goguryeon elites are gathered should be outside the city. "

Knowing that Wang Chong was referring to the assassin, Ma Yinlong said.

"Outside the city?"

Wang Chong's eyebrows twitched. He slowly turned his head around and gazed at the mountain peak beyond the city walls, deep in thought.

After looking around, he realized that the largest gathering point of the Goguryeons was located outside the city. Although it was a little strange, it made sense when he thought about it.

Firstly, they were connected by a secret passageway, allowing them to enter the city even at night. Secondly, even if their tracks were to be exposed, it would be convenient for them to escape.

"Do you have any thoughts on what to do next?"

Wang Chong looked at Ma Yinlong. The current Ma Yinlong was completely different from the disheveled middle-aged man he had seen at the Royal Jade Pavilion. His eyes were burning with an intense fighting spirit.

Ma Yinlong was the one who had released the assassin. Given Wang Chong's strength, he could have easily captured the assassin and interrogated him to reveal their location. However, Ma Yinlong didn't do so.

Wang Chong believed that he had his reasons for doing so.

As the person who had the deepest understanding of the Goguryeons and King Sosurim, Wang Chong believed that Ma Yinlong could be trusted in this aspect.

"The Goguryeon assassins are all death warriors, and it's impossible to extract any useful information from them. If we were to capture him, we might end up alerting them instead. "

Ma Yinlong knew what Wang Chong was thinking, and with just a few words, he explained the reason why he released the assassin.

"As for what happens next... After so many years, it's about time for them to appear! It's about time for this matter to come to an end. "

At the end of his words, Ma Yinlong sighed deeply, and a complicated look surfaced in his eyes.

...

Ma Yinlong applied for three days of leave. During these three days, he didn't mention where he would be going, and Wang Chong didn't ask either. From the "Fang of the White Tiger", who was favored by the heavens, to the "petty scribe" of the government office of the Ministry of Personnel, everyone had their own story behind them, and they did not dig into it.

However, three days later, Wang Chong saw Ma Yinlong's' results' in the Royal Jade Pavilion.

In front of Wang Chong, three middle-aged men in shabby clothes stood in a row in front of Wang Chong. Of the three, one was a seasoned bird trader with an exceptionally large eagle perched on his shoulder. The other was a one-armed drunkard with an empty left sleeve. Even from a distance away, Wang Chong could smell the stench of alcohol on him.

There was another one who looked particularly ferocious. It was obvious that he was the kind of mercenary expert who would sacrifice his life for anyone who gave him money.

Although the three of them looked a little different, they were not as simple as they seemed on the surface. But that was all.

There were at least a few thousand of such people in the capital.