391-410

Show menu
Read Novel Online Full NOVEL BIN
Novel List
Genre
Options
Search Novel...
Novel  The Human Emperor  Chapter 391: Subduing Xu Qiqin!
THE HUMAN EMPEROR
C391: Subduing Xu Qiqin!
Ads by Pubfuture

Chapter 391: Subduing Xu Qiqin!

Wang Chong was also put in an awkward position. Huang Qian-er was an unexpected victim from the conflict between the Wang and the Huang Clan, and even Wang Chong didn’t have the power to reverse it.

However, he had no intention of chasing her away, either.

If the renowned Fairy of Dainty Hands were to serve as his bodyguard, he would be much safer then before. On top of that, there was a fatal flaw in the Thunderous Resonance of the Dainty Hands that Huang Qian-er cultivated.

However, Huang Qian-er was filled with hostility for him, so it was unlikely that anything he said would be able to get through to her. He would have to find a suitable opportunity to warn her of the matter.

"Gongzi, gongzi..."

Just as Wang Chong was in deep thoughts, a voice suddenly sounded in his ear. Turning around, he saw Wei Anfang panting heavily by his side, seemingly having sprinted anxiously to get to him.

"Anfang, what is wrong?" Wang Chong asked.

It couldn’t be that Princess Nihuang or Li Siye was causing trouble for him once more?

The only ones who could leave Wang Chong with a huge headache in the Deflecting Blade Manor were those two!

"Gongzi, do you remember Xu Chong?" Wei Anfang asked anxiously.

"Xu Chong?" Wang Chong blinked his eyes blankly. Wasn’t that the name Xu Qiqin of the capital’s Xu Clan assumed to sneak into his Deflecting Blade Manor?

The previous time she challenged the Chess Hall, he had intentionally made things difficult for her, passing the others except for her. Could she be up to something once more?

"As gongzi was out for too long, I made arrangements for the recruits to be tested in the Chess Hall today so as to sort out the next batch that would be heading to the spirit vein. However, Xu Chong, making use of gongzi’s absence, took the initiative to challenge the students of the Chess Hall and defeated all of them!

"That isn’t all! He also challenged the examiners of the Chess Hall and defeated them as well. Now, he is waiting in the Chess Hall, saying that he wants to challenge you!" Wei Anfang said.

Wei Anfang wasn’t sure what the relationship between Wang Chong and Xu Chong was, but it was clear that gongzi seemed to be bent on preventing Xu Chong from passing his test. Otherwise, given Xu Chong’s proficiency in chess, he couldn’t have failed the examination while so many other recruits passed.

Perhaps due to that incident then, Xu Chong had decided to return to make things difficult for Wang Chong!

"What?" Wang Chong frowned in surprise.

He hadn’t expected Xu Qiqin to go to the extent of challenging everyone in the Chess Hall. However, he soon understood the intentions behind her actions.

She was likely to still be holding a grudge over the matter back then, so she chose to defeat everyone in the Chess Hall so as to prove her abilities. If Wang Chong were to pass someone else, but still fail her, that would bring his judgement into question.

On the other hand, if he were to pass her, that could be considered her ’victory’ in this fight.

Xu Qiqin was using such a method to protest against him, as well as to corner him!