Chapter 15

Miss Universe is one of the four major International beauty pageants in the world. Alongside Miss World, Miss Earth, and Miss International, it is considered one of the most prestigious beauty pageants globally.

As Michelle Daniela Marquez Dee, representing the Philippines in the Miss Universe pageant, stepped off the plane onto Salvadoran soil, she was greeted with warm smiles and enthusiastic cheers from the welcoming committee. The journey had been long, but excitement surged through her veins as she set foot in El Salvador, the hosting country for this year's prestigious pageant.

Embracing the vibrant culture and warm hospitality of El Salvador, Michelle felt a sense of anticipation and determination building within her. With each step she took on this new soil, she carried the hopes and dreams of her nation, ready to showcase her beauty, intelligence, and passion on the international stage.

Amidst the bustling energy of the host city, Michelle was filled with gratitude for the opportunity to represent her country and compete alongside women from around the globe. With grace and confidence, she embarked on this new chapter of her journey, eager to make her mark and shine brightly as she vied for the title of Miss Universe.

With a grateful heart, Michelle settled into her hotel room after the long flight, feeling a wave of exhaustion wash over her. But before she could allow herself to rest, there was someone she needed to reach out to.

Dialing the familiar number, Michelle waited eagerly as the phone rang, her heart fluttering with anticipation. After a few moments, the call connected, and she heard the familiar voice on the other end.

"Baboo," she exclaimed softly, a smile spreading across her lips at the sound of Samantha's voice. Even in the midst of her exhaustion, hearing her girlfriend's voice brought a sense of comfort and warmth to Michelle's weary spirit.

"How was your flight?" Sam's angelic voice

"It's quite good, actually," Michelle said.

"The truth?" Samantha responded. 

"Exhausting, baboo," Michelle said tiredly.

"You should have rested before you called me," Sam said on the line.

"But I need to hear your voice first; you know that your voice makes me calm." Michelle said

"You're really good at flattering women, take a rest; we'll talk again when you're energized, baboo," Samantha said calmly.

"Noted baboo, I will call you babs; I miss you," Michelle told her lover.

"Okay," Samantha replied.

"What's "okay"?" Michelle heard Sam laughing out loud.

"I miss you too. Happy now?" Samantha said. 

"No, there's still something missing."

"What?" 

"No, "I love you, really?" 

"Hmmmm," Sam said. 

"Baboo, huh," Michelle said in her ' tampo' era.

"Okay, fine, you are easy to be annoyed." Samantha said and she added "I love you, baboo. Sleep well, my love; talk to you later."

"Yeeyyyy, I love you too, Madam Sam"

With promises of love and reassurance exchanged, Michelle finally allowed herself to sink into the comfort of her bed, knowing that no matter the outcome of the pageant, she was surrounded by love and support from those who mattered most.