Sorting Ceremony

Finally as the train pulled into the station,I could feel the excitement in the air.

All the first years,who shared my experience of not knowing what was to come and all the older years who were returning after summer break.

The students gathered on the station,some chatting and laughing,whilst others anxious about the sorting ceremony to come.

As I looked though the crowd, my eyes spotted Hagrid's .Despite his intimidating appearance,I knew Hagrid as a gentle,kind-hearted giant of a man who would do anything for the people or animals he cared about deeply.

Waving to him,he spotted me amongst the crowd and shouted "Y/N!!"

"Ah Hagrid,it's nice to see you again." I say giving him a sidehug and him asking if I found the platform okay.

Till he rushed off, when a boy with scar on his head came running up to him, asking about his holidays.

"Let's get back to Hogwarts and then we can have time for a chit chat,Harry." 

Oh, so the boy with the oddly shaped scar  was called Harry,and the girl from earlier was with him too and so was a boy,with ginger hair,who looked oddly similar to the twins.Could he be another Weasley, I thought to myself.

As Hagrid guided all of us towards the boats,off to Hogwarts,I had butterflies in my stomach so eager yet so anxious about what's coming next.

Till surprise surprise, guess who I bumped into again, right outside of Hogwarts.

"Watch it!", said the voice next to me...it sounded familar... I sighed deeply, not again already.

Surprise surprise, it was the blonde boy from before.

" What do you want now?" I say frustrated with exhaustion.

Raising an eyebrow,the boy began to speak,until Harry came forward, "Malfoy,trying to find new people to bully already,really?"

"Beat it Pottah, or is this a new girlfriend of yours that you have to protect?", teased the boy I  assumed was  called Malfoy.

Clenching his fists, Harry without hesitation,said "Leave her alone." , until I stepped forward and decided I don't need other people to fight my battles for me.

I roll my eyes, annoyed by this childish argument ,"Can you guys go argue like a married couple some place else or what?" and with that, I walk with Hermione towards the Great Hall.

As Hermione began asking me questions about myself, we both found out we had at least one thing in common, we were both muggle borns with muggle parents,that had come to Hogwarts unaware of it even existing in the first place.

"Don't worry Y/N , you'll fit right in,with everyone else", Hermione said reassuring me.

"I don't know, I've missed out on quite a lot."

"You'll catch up quite fast I'd say, you seem really intelligent,and if Ron is doing well,then surely you'd do better.", she jokes.

"Ron?" I ask, "Is he the ginger-haired guy that Harry was with?"

"Yes,that was Ron Weasley,he's got twin brothers, George and Fred too,they're older."

"Ohh I actually met them on the train here,they're quite fun to be around."

Our conversation were interrupted, by a woman,who by the looks of it was waiting for us for a long time.

"Hello there, everyone, welcome or welcome back to Hogwarts ,lets get the first years into the Great Hall for their sorting ceremony as soon as we can,and the rest of you let's get you seated into your houses." 

She pulls me aside, "Y/N? That's you right dear?"

"Yes,professor?", I answer,unsure of her name.

"Professor McGonagall dear, now then let's get you sorted into your house too", then she pulls out an old hat and places it on a stool.

Whilst waiting for my name to be called out, I notice an old looking man in the centre on a high stool,looking intrigued.I recognised him from the card I recieved from the chocolate frog George gave me.

That must be Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts.

"Y/N L/N", McGonagall shouts my name and as I go up to the stool, I can see Fred and George grinning and cheering me on, whilst Hermione and Harry are waiting eagerly to see my fate.

I place the hat onto my head as it begins to analyse my thoughts, "ah interesting interesting...a muggleborn..hmm you'd do well in Gryffindor dear, I can sense bravery,interest in helping others before yourself but hmm what about Slytherin it would help you on your path to glory,your resourcefulness would do you proud. I muttered under my breath, "Anything but Slytherin oh gosh".. "Not Slyherin eh?", the hat says loudly," You'd do well in Slytherin,but if you say so, you'd better be...."

Everyone goes quiet...wondering what group you'd be sorted into

"GRIFFYINDOR..courage,bravery and intelligence too,you'd do well in either!!!!"

I finally let out a breath of relief,knowing that I'd at least not be put into Slytherin,I've heard bad things about that house..

The Griffyndor table began clapping and cheering,as I took a seat next to the girl I met before,Hermione. At least I already had one friend.

Across the room I noticed Dumbledore with a twinkle in his eyes,smiling, whilst I caught the eye of the twins who were smiling and giving me a thumbs up,congratulating me.

I let out a sigh of relief and I already knew that I'd be making friends of a lifetime..