Settling in

"Y/N we never got to ask you,but how come you joined Hogwarts so late, I mean we're in our third year now." asked Harry.

"I have to admit guys, I didn't even know Hogwarts existed until a couple of weeks back,and it turns out I only found out when Hagrid paid me a visit,saying I missed out a whole two years."

"Huh,but surely someone would have paid a visit sooner?," replied Harry,tilting his head.

"Then you must be so behind on all your lessons,are you going to have a tutor?" asked Hermione ,curiously

I simply shrugged my shoulders saying, "I mean at least I'm here now, although this all still feels so weird to me like I've been here before ,and about the tutor thing,I don't really know yet.", I add,whilst looking around the hallways to see talking paintings.

"That is weird,maybe you have somehow?", added Ron,petting his pet rat Scabbers.

"But I would have remembered surely." I think to myself what could be the reason for feeling this way.

"I'm sure it could be explained in some way, you could always ask Professor Dumbledore." offered Hermione helpfully whilst her nose was stuck in a book.

"I might just do that.",I mumbled, making another mental note to see if this feeling went away or I'd head on to Professor Dumbledore for advice.

As we headed to the common room,Fred and George both came up to me,chuckling " At least you weren't sorted  into Slytherin."

"What's so bad about Sytherin anyways?" I ask.

"There's not a single witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin. You-Know-Who was one.", added Ron still munching a chicken leg.Where'd he even get that, I don't even know.

"Plus, they have Professor Snape as the head of Slytherin, you know the potions master.", shuddered Harry

"I'm guessing, you guys aren't very popular  with Snape then.", I let out a chuckle.

Right then,Malfoy walked past with his minions,glaring at us.

Is that his resting face or what.

 "The reason why you didn't get into Slytherin is because of  the fact that , we only accept pure bloods and you guys are either half bloods,or mudbloods.", snickered Malfoy yet still  giving me a side glance.

"Shut your mouth Malfoy," , blurted Ron back to him, which I have to admit was't as effective as he thought it was.

As if finally noticing Ron, Malfoy turned to him "Ah Weasley,have you finally had a wardrobe upgrade,or is it still hand me downs from the Weasle-Bee twins". 

I have to admit, I did grin at that for a second before I covered my mouth,only at the nickname.

Before anyone said anything else, Malfoy, and his minions,dumb and dumber sauntered away.

You-Know Who?" I continue,from the conversation from before,ignoring that encounter with the blondie.

"V- he-who-should-not-be-named" , replied Ron,still annoyed.

"Being scared of his name,just gives him more power", Hermione said rolling her eyes."They're on about Voldemort."

"Or as we call him Voldy Moldy,or the one who has no nose", snickered Fred and George.

"You guys,mum said to not make fun of him,it's not funny", added Ron whilst Fred and George walked off to meet another friend.

"He's the one who gave me this.", Harry pointed out,as he showed me his scar.

Voldemort,I thought to myself,he sounded familiar too, this whole thing felt like , as if I'd been here before, having this conversation,met these guys before somehow but surely someone would have said something.Maybe it was just me shaking off the fact that magic actually exists and Hogwarts is real place.

Even with Draco,he felt like someone I knew before but how could that be possible,I didn't even know Hogwarts existed till last summer.

At the station,I saw a flicker of recognition from Draco but then he suddenly put up this barrier,mocking me,calling me a mud-blood and four eyes.

 The feeling was hazy, although it felt beyond any explanation.

I didn't even realise I was lost in thought again,till we reached the common room and I managed to unpack and head to bed,eager to start classes in the morning.Wishing my mum was still here to see this.