Chapter 6

“Good Morning Son.  How’re you?” Chigbo received Pete’s hand.
“I’m fine Dad. Mum, Good morning.” He pecked his mother.
“Good morning dear. Hope you slept well.” Patricia robbed his hands.
“I did Mum.” He walked over, pulled a seat and sat opposite of her. “Morning Sis. He smiled at Tina, who smiled back.
“Hope you are well rested, you returned late yesterday.”
“I am Mum. Just a lil’ ache here and there,” he complained, stretching his arms.
“Hangover, I guess.”
Pete eyed Tina. “What” Tina gestured with wide eyes. Pete thinks she was the one that told their mother about him the previous night, but she was not the only one that saw him walk in drunk. This amused her and Clint who picked up the smile oblivious of the cause.  
“What's with the smile, you two?” Patricia asked.
“How's Nnenna?” Chigbo asked of Pete’s fiance.
“She's good, dad. Was with her last night. She sends her regards.”
He locked his eyes with Tina; they smiled again.
“Again?” Patricia quizzed. Her expressions fuelled with expectations.        
“Tell your daughter to let me be.” Pete stifled laughter, causing their parents to exchange looks.

Let’s say a prayer; Patricia instructed and said a brief prayer and they commenced to eat their breakfast. Pete paused momentarily mid breakfast to observe his father. He acted dull and looked pale. At a closer look at him, he discovered dark patches below his eyes.
“You don't look too good, dad.” Pete mentioned, staring at his Chigbo.
“Your father needs some rest. He's stressed. It's written all over him. But he's not thinking of getting one,” Patricia explained.
“Dad!” Pete called.
“Don't give me that look,” Chigbo dismissed their concern, but his unusually low voice gave him out. “I'm only going to inspect that estate project. I will be back in a few hours. That’s nothing. Besides, I will be taking the rest of the week off.”

Gesturing, “I can handle that, dad. Don't have much on my table.”
“Take a break,” Pete urged him, “and you, Mum,” he turned to their mother.
“I'm on leave. I'm going to take care of your father,” she assured them.
“I'm leaving,” Pete notified as he downed the last piece of omelette on his plate.
Tina shook her head in disbelief at how fast her brother could eat. He already dropped his spoon, cleaned his mouth with a napkin and was ready to leave. “See you in the evening. I will be late again today.” He hugged Patricia on her seat.
For Tina, the day went on with only a few things to attend to. Like she said, she didn't have much on her table. Few hours into the day, she left her office for the supervision she had promised her father earlier.

Chidi: So tell me,
          This afternoon, how's it gonna be?
Tina: [Laughing emojis]
         I'm the one going for lunch, but you are the excited one here, no be ment? 
Tina walked to a waiting taxi outside the plaza.
Chidi: Yeah baby
          I'm excited for u
Tina: Thanks Darling  but what gist do you want to hear this morning?
Chidi: [Smiling face emoji with heart eyes] Smart girl.
          I know you're looking hot today
          Send me some pics
Tina: Hei gawwd! [Laughing emojis]
         I didn't take any
Chidi: Just one shot for me
           Full pics only
Tina: Nobody to snap me
Chidi: Ask your secretary or those fine guys that work in your company.
Tina: Not close by
         I'm outside the office, about to go on inspection
Chidi: Inspection?
           Your Dad nko?
Tina: On break
         Besides, I will be inspecting projects more often in the near future.
Chidi: And  your mum is on leave
           That your Dad eehn [Laughing emoji]
Tina: Naughty you [Laughing emoji]
Chidi: Just ask whoever that is around, pls.
Tina: Fine

On getting to the cab, Tina asked the driver who waited patiently by the cab for help and forwarded the pictures to Chidi.

Chidi: You look so kissable. [Kiss mark emoji]
Tina: Chidimma!
Chidi: Yes baby girl, that's my name.
Tina: Kill that thought
Chidi: [Laughing emoji]
Burberry is calling
Tina: As usual.
         Like he's going to die the next minute, if he doesn't call.
Chidi: Isn't that cute?
I feel like my whole essence has been sucked into him.
Tina: [Grinning  face emoji]
Chidi: Go grab that lollipop
Tina: Finally, you're mad [Laughing  emojis]