Chapter 20: Who was that?

Riding At The speed of 40km/hr, Clint sang to Nina by Ed Sheeran blasting from the car woofer. His phone vibrated, and he pulled it from his pocket. He grinned at the message.

“Who was that?” Iyke asked.

“Tina”

“Osheee! Baddo!” He hailed him.

His grin widened. “On my way,” he replied using a voice note.

“Bro, hafa? I fit reason one or two with that your Tina babe.” 

“What?” His attention shifted from the phone, “Wetin u tok?” He rephrased in pidgin English. 

“I said, ah go like reason one or two with that your babe,” Iyke repeated with a smirk.

“Based on what level, oga?”

“Based on one or two, you know.”

Clint gently applied pressure on the brake pad. “Iyke, e be like say we don reach your destination. Begin dey go. Oya!”

“Ahh!” He laughed, “e never reach like this nahh.”

“Your head, there!” He cursed. 

Iyke's chin blew with laughter.

He slowly applied pressure on the accelerator, his speedometer slowly adjusting position and the wheels fastened up. 

Clint Walked Towards Tina who conversed with a guy. The average height brown skinned guy faced Tina, leaving Clint with a back view of himself and little physical details of him under the grey sky.

He hugged her, in what looked like they had rounded off their discussion, and left for a Lexus 330 saloon car in fast strides.

Clint continued towards her, after a momentary break caused by the hug. She watched him approach, like he was coming with a golden cart to lift her towards the car. The last time he checked, he didn't have any. Anyway, he had “the Clint effect” to compensate for that; Petrificus Totalus. Unlike members of the wizard world, he needs no wand to use the curse. 

He covered her in a warm embrace, accompanied with a peck. “How did your day go?” For the fourth time in the day, she had to answer him about her day. 

Smiling, she looped index finger and thumb touching to make an open circle, “good”.

He might have to take a long time to learn those hand signals, but those facial expressions were exceptions. With his hand around her tiny waist, her head leaned against his shoulder, they walked to the car.

On getting to the car, he shifted his gaze to the transparent walls of the showroom lit with bright lights. He met a pair of eyes watching them like a hawk. Just then, the black Lexus 330 saloon car rolled past them. The man at the wheel looked like he wasn't much interested in the car's path. 

Wait, he knew this man. He couldn't really place the face, but he was certain that they had met. On the other hand, the expression on the guy's face showed nothing friendly. He took his seat at the wheels, and slammed the door after him. 

“Who was that?” He asked Tina, “the Lexus guy.”

“My friend,” she signalled.

“He works here?”

She waved her head. “He deals on furniture,” she typed and showed him. 

He nodded and brought the car's engine to live. 

“Nahh! That's Poor,” Chidi argued, “the colour is so dull, the design is so 1960 too. See nah!” She shoved her phone before Tina. “I prefer that silver one with a glass heel. The heels are pointed too.”