1. Shows and shoots

I collapse on the bed with a loud groan, the mattress shifting its weight and jostling my best friend slightly, as he yelps in surprise. I then feel a nudge on my left arm, and I lift it so Angel Dust's pet pig, Fat Nuggets, can crawl under it cozily.

"Tough show?" He asks softly, and I instantly prop my elbows up on the mattress to glare up at him, startling the pig as it snorts angrily before leaving for Angel's lap instead.

"Thee fucking worst!!" I grumble angrily, and the sinner laughs at me.

"Ain't they all?"

"Well, yeah! But this was just so- ughh why are they like this?! So fucking disgusting, so touchy-" I groan, dropping my head on the bed again, my voice muffled by the sheets.
"Fuckin' hate it, man."

"I know, dollface." He sighs, and I feel a hand being placed on my head, scratching in between my horns softly. I let out a small delighted breath at the touch.

"An' it just sucks 'cause- well- you know what they say." I admit in a small mumble, but the spider demon is used to my small vents so he hears me loud and clear, and I hear his tongue click at the mention.

"The fuckin' assholes!! They find ya hot anyway, so why even bother complainin' about it?!" He says grumpily, and I just turn around on the bed, laying face up to the ceiling instead.

"No one likes damaged goods." I state, and the weight on the mattress shifts at the mention, Angel's face cutting off my view of the ceiling.

"Don't say that." He frowns at me, and I groan with an eyeroll.

"Am I not right, though?" I ask annoyedly, lifting my right arm to reveal how it's cut off right below the elbow, the rest of the skin all white and damaged, a contrast to my otherwise red, impish skin.

"You're not, Jouno!! Yer an incredible pole dancer, puttin' on the best shows, one-handed or not. And you survived a fuckin' fire that yer own asshole of a best friend caused, that's somethin' to be proud of!"

"Hey, don't talk about him like that." I chuckle, my tail wagging amusedly.

"I told ya already! If the bitch proves he's not really a prick, then I'll stop calling him that. But for now? He can suck my dick for all I care." He shrugs, and I sit up besides him with a smirk.

"As far as I know, a lot of demons have that privilege." I laugh as he nudges my side softly at the mention.

"Ya fucker, same goes for ya."

Our mindless teasing and laughing is interrupted by a knock on the door, though it's quickly opened without waiting for a response. Kitty, Valentino's favourite robo-fizzie, lets herself in with her usual wide smile.

"Angel Dust needs to be ready in ten minutes for an emergency shoot." She states, before she leaves again, closing the door as quickly as she opened it.

"...that's the third one today." I frown, as I watch my best friend scurry up and around the room, looking for makeup to cover up his bruises from earlier in the day. He just laughs nervously while applying some foundation around his bruised neck.

"Ya know Val!"

"Angel, you need to get out of here." I state, and he pauses his actions for just a moment before moving on to find revealing clothes, even though he usually needs to change them for more revealing ones.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can! What about those girls you encountered the other day? That Hotel of Happiness or whatever?" He chuckles, shaking his head playfully.

"It's Happy Hotel, apparently. And they want me to get clean or whatever, that wouldn't work." He dismisses quickly.

"It could work, if you just tried!"

"I'm not leavin' you, Jouno!" He says, albeit too loudly and I flinch. He curses under his breath, crouching in front of me as I'm still sitting on the bed, and I pout while looking down at him.
"Listen doll, I know you worry about me, and I know you hate the control Val has over me. Yes, it would be better for me to leave the studio so he has less control, but... I'm not leavin' you alone. I wouldn't. We made a promise."

I think over his caring words carefully, watching him move around the room again, huffing softly as I finally have an idea.

"The promise was just to make sure we were both fine, right? Stick together while we're here."

"Yeah, so?" He asks confused, putting his usual high boots on.

"I could find my brother. I'd be safe with him." He pauses his actions again at the mention, before scoffing loudly.

"Oh yeah, your brother. Isn't he busy suckin' some royal dick?" He says condescendingly, and I frown at him.

"I'm sure he has his reasons! Rumours are just rumours after all, Angie."

"I know, but..." He sighs, carding a hand through his hair with a sigh.
"We'll talk about this later, 'kay?" Noticing my unsure look, he steps close to me, lifting my head up and leaving a small peck on one of my horns.
"You rest now. We'll figure this out." With that promise, he leaves.

***

After about four hours, I'm startled as the door to my shared room with my best friend opens forcefully, said tall sinner letting himself in before dropping on the large bed. I instantly move over and check his eyes; as usual after long shoots, he's drugged out of his mind.

With a sigh, I start my usual routine of positioning him better on the mattress, changing his clothes -recalling how he's told me multiple times how I'm allowed to do so while he's in this state-, and leaving some meds and water ready for him, whenever he wakes up. I also wrap and fix the worst cuts and bruises, clicking my tongue at the amount before finally tucking him in, letting him sleep off the exhaustion and drugs.

Once he's already sleeping soundly with Fat Nuggets snuggled up to him, I sit besides him on the bed and ponder over our conversation earlier. The hotel, my brother... I miss him, I really do. Taking a deep breath as I make up my mind, I quickly start my plan.

A flyer for the Happy Hotel is left besides a glass of water, painkillers and a small note, reading:

Take the meds and clean yourself up when you wake up, then leave for that crappy hotel. Please take care of yourself, Angie. I'm going to find my brother.

With love,
Jouno