7. Prince

"Why are you telling them about that?! They like gossip more than their own life!!" Blitzø says exasperated, making Millie giggle as I roll my eyes.

"Don't we all?" She says, her hands extended as I paint her nails calmly.

"Bitch I live in Hell, am I supposed to enjoy life?" I raise an eyebrow at my friend, as the girl in front of me laughs again. Fuck, she's so pretty. Such a bummer that she's married, damn Moxxie.

"We should be out in 15, by the way." The white haired imp intervenes, looking at his already finished nails that I did before his wife's.

"Yeah yeah, we're almost done here. Now you were saying?" The girl in front of me smiles excitedly, continuing her story.

"So we needed that book, right? And only the Prince got it, obviously. Blitzø went to get it and..." She wiggles her eyebrows playfully, and I smirk.

"They fucked."

"Hey! I told you, it was transactional." My friend repeats with a grumble, and I throw my smirk at him instead.

"But you did fuck." He mumbles something pissedly in response, as I take my attention back to Millie's nails, almost done with her left hand.
"Ain't he married though?"

"Eh~ he's getting a divorce." Blitzø shrugs, making me tease him again.

"So you guys are serious serious, hm?"

"No! I told you already!! We were just- you know-"

"Blitzø, a customer's calling for a job!" Loona interrupts, and her dad sits up quickly, glad that he doesn't have to explain anymore.

"Oh he's such a simp." I say, finally finishing with Millie's hand and closing the nail polish as she admires my work.
"Always was, always will be."

"What does that mean?" Moxxie asks confused, and I chuckle, leaning back on the couch.

"They've known each other for a while." I shrug, thinking back to the day they met.

"What?! They have?"

"Yep. Don't take my word for much though, I was barely told anything about it. But I'm pretty sure they spent one day together, at some point when we were younger."

"Wow, that's unexpected. I wonder why he was so reluctant to just asking for the book, instead of trying to steal it." Moxxie wonders, as Blitzø looks at him, returning to the room after the phone call.

"I don't know what tea you stupid fucks were spilling right now, but it's about time we leave." He says, eyeing his coworkers and handing them some backpacks before going towards me, flicking me slightly on the forehead.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"You better stop spewing embarrassing stuff already or I'll tell them about your unicycle incident." I widen my eyes at the mention, nudging him with a frown.

"Shut it, bitch!" He snickers slightly, nudging my shoulder as he passes by my side, walking towards the already opened portal as his daughter scowls at him, waiting with the magic book in hand.

"Byee!!" Millie passes by my side, kissing one of my horns caringly and I widen my eyes at the display of affection, smiling as Moxxie waves at me shyly before they both disappear behind the portal.

"Pfft- you look like someone just slapped you. What's with that?" Blitzø says, waving a hand over my eyes as I'm still looking towards the portal, completely dumbstruck.

"Shut." I flick his hand away, rolling my eyes before stopping him from walking away.
"Hey, by the way- can we have a small talk when you're back?" I say seriously with hopeful eyes.

"Oh, yeah sure." He says, frowning confused before shrugging it off, scratching behind my left horn shortly before walking to the portal.
"See ya later, idiot!"

Loona quickly closes the portal after her dad, groaning tiredly as she leaves the book on the table besides her.

"He gives me a headache." She grunts, and I have to forcefully stop my tail from wagging nervously after Blitzø's previous actions.
"Ugh, really?" I look up to see the hellhound slamming one of the drawers closed, her ears pinning back in frustration.

"What's wrong?"

"Ran out of cigs. I'm going out to get some, you want anything?" She asks, sighing as she walks towards the door, opening it with a kick as usual.

"Oh, can I get some snack? Anything salty is fine."

"Sure, be right back." She says, leaving me in the office all alone with my thoughts.

At first I just lie down on the sofa, staring at the ceiling patiently while listening to the clock's sounds. About half a minute later though, I frown and shoot up from my spot, getting restless easily.

I was always like this -not so much as my brother, though. That bitch won't stay put-, so curiosity quickly gets the best of my senses and I go towards Blitzø's office, opening the door with a smile.

Drawer after drawer filled with horse figurines and doodles, I end up quickly bored after getting a bit weirded out upon finding some weird photos of horses kissing. Anyways, this time I'm interrupted by the sound of a phone. I flinch at the sound, instantly relaxing as I realise it's not my own.

I walk towards I.M.P's business phone, shrugging as I pick it up. Surely Loona wouldn't mind, she ignores most of the calls anyways.

"Hi, I.M.P here, what bitch do you wanna kill?" I ask, sitting down on Loona's seat as I listen to the other voice over the phone absentmindedly.

"Oh! That's a new voice there! I was hoping I could talk to Blitzy?" Well that's interesting. I chuckle slightly before answering.

"Well Blitzy happens to be on a mission right now, sorry sugar." I smirk upon hearing a small hoot of confirmation.

"Ah yes, that explains why he wouldn't answer his phone."

"Mhm, now who are you, if I may know?" I ask curiously, trying to get as much gossip from this as possible. The line goes silent for a moment, as if he's wary to answer.

"I could actually ask the same, I've never heard your voice before."

"Well that's a shame 'cause I asked first and you sound posh as fuck, you're surely not calling for a job." I giggle slightly as he doesn't answer this time, caught off guard at the assumption.
"Maybe you're calling for another type of job? From... Blitzy?" Another hoot can be heard, uncharacteristically nervous this time and I chuckle again.
"Oh you're fun."

"W-Well I still don't know who you are! What do you know about Blitzy anyway?"

"Oh babe I know way too much about that shithead, believe me." I can almost hear his frown at his next line.

"And how would I be sure you're not lying about that?!" I snort at this, ignoring his question as I sigh, sinking more on the chair.

"Sugar, as much as I'm loving this back and forth, I'm pretty sure who you are already. So, nice to finally meet you, Stolas Goetia."

"Who- What- That's preposterous! How would you just know that?! Who are you?!" I laugh loudly at him, finally deciding to stop the teasing.

"Just Blitzy's childhood friend, Prince, no big deal." I eye the door as I hear a slam, smiling at Loona's confused face as she notices I'm on a phonecall.
"Anyways, this was fun but my snacks are here. The name's Jouno, by the way. I'll tell Blitzy to call. Okay, byee!!" I rush out quickly before hanging up, and I chuckle at the hellhound's questioning face as she throws some snacks on the table.

"So, you gonna explain?" I open a bag of barbecue chips, smiling up at her proudly.

"I got gossip!"