2. Encounter

"But if it isn't the crippled, tranny whore!! So desperate yer beggin' for it at bars too? Just like yer bestie does, aye? He does it 'cause he likes it, though. That cum dumpster-"

Taking one of the fucker's horn and slamming his head to his table, I then bring his face close to mine with a menacing look.

"Get Angel's name outta your dirty mouth." I spit in his face before stepping further with a look of disgust.
"Plus, I'm out of the job right now. You can save it, you won't be getting shit tonight."

"You damn slut-" He growls, getting up from his seat while gripping his damaged nose and screaming bloody murder.

Ah fuck, so much for laying low while I'm not safe.

I quickly go for his legs, kicking his shin and making a run for it while he curses in pain again. Getting out of the bar and swiftly leaving the alleyway, I try not to make my presence too much noticed as I run in between passersby, looking back a few times to make sure I'm not being followed.

Finally reaching a different alley, I stop to catch my breath while looking for clues of my new destination.

I've been mindlessly following random posters and propaganda that might lead me to my brother for a whole day, but I haven't been able to find out much about what his new location might be, and I'm not about to go down to lust to find him all alone, am I? That royal shit is keeping him all to himself, and that's making things difficult for me.

I perk up slightly as I hear loud footsteps approaching the alley I'm hiding in. Sure, it's out for anyone to walk in, but the sound of those is very well known to me. I groan annoyedly, hiding slightly behind some trash cans as the drunk imp goes inside the small dead end, slumping on a wall.

"Can't even go one day without being kicked out of a bar- well that bitch had it comin'!" The guy lets out drunkenly, and my eyes widen at the voice. It couldn't be... right?
"All those pricks are just so full of themselves 'cause they've fucked me a few times... I mean those cocks were good."

"Oh you dumb fuck." I sigh, getting out of my hiding place and approaching the imp. He flinches, hard, not expecting someone else's presence, but he's soon to widen his eyes as he recognises me. He seems to quickly come out of his drunken stupor as I sit in front of him, looking at him with a tired expression as I wait for a reaction.

"...Jouno?" He asks, voice soft, barely a whisper as if he's careful not to scare me away.

"Hey, Blitzo. Long time no see." I say, tilting my head to the side with a small smile as he stutters over his next words.

"I- You- You're actually alive." He says with a breathy voice, unbelieving.

"Guess I am." I shrug, and he chokes slightly before letting out a whole waterfall of questions.

"What are you doing here? Where have you been? What happened after you left? Your arm- shit, the fire- you were there, right? I- I thought I saw you but so much was going on I just... Look I'm so sorry. Fizz was... Shit, my own mom, no, y-your family... Nevermind, just, how have you-"

"Blitzo, hey." I stop him, placing my hand on his shoulder as he frowns, pouting while looking at my right arm stump guiltily.
"We'll talk about it later." He sighs, looking away from my arm before gazing straight into my eyes with a face full of concern, but I just let out a small, reassuring smirk before chuckling.
"But how about you let me crash with you somewhere? I kinda have nowhere to go."