6. Sweet

Hanni pov:

"I swear i'm gonna die rn" i tell myself while i stare at my ramen. Haerin is on the toilet right now, so i'm left rethinking my life choices. Me and Haerin has come way closer, and i can finally say we're friends. It's a good thing yes, but i'm scared she's gonna friendzone me. "She wouldn't friendzone me right?? "  my thoughts ran everywhere, and i hadn't even noticed Haerin came back from the toilet before she sat down at her chair and started eating again.

I take a bite of my ramen again, and sigh after realizing its cold. I put my eating sticks down, not wanting to eat more of the cold ramen. "What's the problem?" "Its cold" Haerin shrugs, and puts down her eating sticks down aswell. "Then what should we do?" Haerin asks while she drinks her glass of water. "We can talk more at your room, it's cozy" i say, and Haerin gives me the cutest smile ever. "Death? Death because of heart attack? Pretty normal death IF IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF A GIRL BEING TOO CUTE"  we both get up and start walking to her room in a not-so-uncomfortable silence anymore.

We enter her room and lie down on her bed, snuggling into it. "Where's your parent's by the way?" I ask while i fish for my phone in my pocket. "their visiting my grandparents after my grandpa got in an accident" "oh what happend?" i ask, the curiosity hitting me. "He managed to hit a metal pole head first after he fell. Mom and dad rushed there after they found out" "damn, is he alright?" I ask, worried for someone i haven't even met. "Yeah i think so" haerin says after i finally reach my phone, and i pull it out and turn it on. 

3 missed calls from Human giraffe

10 messages from Human giraffe

"What the hell does that giraffe need omfg?" I open my phone to reply to her. 

Human giraffe: bro where are u?? Ur usually at my door demanding for me to open the door rn

Human giraffe: hello?

Human giraffe: are you still doing your punishment?

Human giraffe: helloooooo

Human giraffe: did you get into more trouble?

Human giraffe: how to get someone out of trouble

Human giraffe: oops wrong place

Human giraffe: HANNIIIIIII

Human giraffe: Sunoo isn't here so it dosen't matter if you come 

Human giraffe: bro answer

Me: calm down danielle

Human giraffe: WHERE TF ARE YOU

Me: at haerin's place

Human giraffe: haerin's place?? Why are you there??

Me: we're neighbours so we walked home together and she invited me inside

Human giraffe: didn't expect you to actually pull her damn

Me: stfu AND I'M NOT GONNA PLAY HER

Human giraffe: how did u know i was gonna ask you that

Me: i can read minds anyways stfu i'm gonna talk to haerin now

Human giraffe: alright damn

I put my phone down, fed up by Danielle already. "Sorry someone texted me and i had to reply" i say as i give her my most genuine smile. "It's alright" she answer's back with her infamous smile. "So, what typa music do you listen to?" i ask when i see her headphones lying on the edge of the bed. "RnB or sad music" she answers as she aswell pulls out her phone and unlocks it. I wasn't suprised, as she seems to be the type to listen that. "What about you?" she asks back, putting her phone back in her pocket as she starts paying attention to me again. "Well i like alot, but mostly RnB too" i say and she nods.

Haerin pov:

"It's not my fault i'm curious right? She seem's pretty fed up by something" Hanni has been texting someone for a while now, and i'm left akwardly waiting for her to put back her phone. It didn't take long before she actually put it away. "Sorry someone texted me and i had to reply" she says, with the prettiest smile. "She has a pretty smile, thats one of the most important things that my type needs to have..."  i escape my thoughts and quickly answer back that it's alright with a reassuring smile. I pull out my phone just to see a ton of messages from Layla, my ex. She's been bothering me alot lately, and i've gotten used to it, so i just put my phone back into my pocket.

We start talking about our music taste, and find out we both like RnB. "What's your favorite song?" Hanni asks, seemingly very interested in the topic of music. "Uh maybe only by leehi? It's not really RnB. I forgot to add that i also like lovecore songs.." i say, noticing how comfortable i am. "Ah yeah, i like them aswell, it especially helps when your inlove. Only is pretty good!" Hanni says, and i swear i almost died when she smiled at me. 

After talking for a while, i notice how late it is and check my phone. "7:34" i sigh, not wanting to tell Hanni she has to go home. Jungwon will be home soon, and he'll start annoying us after he finds out i have a friend over. Luckily she checks her phone aswell, helping me from needing to say it myself. "Oh it's pretty late, i should go home" she says, and she seems a little upset. I nod, and we both get up and walk downstairs. "Oh did you know we're neighbours?" Hanni states, which takes me aback both because of the information and also how random it was. "O-oh i didn't know" i say, cursing myself for stuttering again.

After she exits the house, i walk upstairs again to study. I notice how empty it feels now that Hanni went home, and i somehow miss her presence. I shook the thought away, and place my bag next to my desk. Studying isn't a big need right now, since school just started, but i wanna make sure i keep up with school if the learning system is faster here then my past school. I hear a click, and the door opens a few seconds after, signaling that Jungwon is home. I open my bedroom door and walk towards the staircase. "Jungwon when is mom and dad coming back?" I ask, praying that he heard it, as i don't wanna repeat myself. "Tomorrow i think" Jungwon answers from the bottom, and i just let out a "mhm" before going back to my bedroom.

I started getting ready for bed, my mind getting occupied by Hanni again. "I think i really do like her. But so fast? Nah i think i gotta get to know her more. I can agree that i maybe have a crush on her, but i'd like to get to know her first before conforming that i actually like her for real"  i nod in agreement to my thought, before slumping into my bed. I stare at the ceiling, thinking through my day. I smile, thinking about the time i've spent getting to know Hanni. "Okay maybe i do know alot about her, but there's still more" i finally feel myself falling asleep after being awake for a few minutes, and the last thing i remember before falling asleep, was that i was smiling while thinking of Hanni.