Here We Go Again

The Land of Stories 2: Gleeful Days Are Here Again...

Summary: Chris and Darren once again visit the fairy tale world, this time on a rescue mission to save the Fairy Godfather – with a little help from some Gleeful old friends.

Story Notes: This is the sequel to The Land of Stories: Gleefully Ever After – for maximum enjoyment and minimum confusion, please read that story first. This story begins three days after that one ends, which means that it is still pre-season 4 of Glee.

Warning: This story contains spoilers for Chris Colfer's brilliant book The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns. So if you haven't read that yet, go out and buy it right now. And while you're at it, get a copy of the audio book, too – Chris reads it himself, and he does an amazing job with all of the voices.  :D

Many thanks to my friend and beta-reader extraordinaire, crisssquared, without whom I would never have finished this story. Any mistakes you find are completely her fault.   ;D

1. Prologue: Here We Go Again...

In which there's a little glitch in the "Gleefully ever after"...

July 30, 2012

Chris sighed with relief as his plane taxied to a stop at LAX. This book tour had been amazing, and he was so thankful for all of the fans who had come out to see him. (Not Kurt, but him – Chris Colfer, New York Times Bestselling Author!) Still, all he'd been able to think about for these last few days in Ohio was getting back home.

The moment he was able to switch his phone back on, Chris checked his messages. Instead of the expected (and embarrassingly longed-for) sound of Darren's voice, he heard a somewhat frantic-sounding Zach Woodlee.

"Chris, there's a Mike O'Malley look-alike here, dressed for a Renaissance Faire and calling himself Sir Burt. I was going to call security, but he claims that he knows you, and he insisted that I had to tell you that your Fairy Godfather has been kidnapped by the Enchantress. Which I would just take as the ramblings of a lunatic, but Ryan didn't show up for our meeting yesterday, and nobody's been able to reach him, and I know you've always referred to him as your Fairy Godfather... So am I crazy? Or is this guy crazy? Do you have any idea what's going on? Call me!!!"

Chris's blood ran cold. Although he'd begun work on his sequel before The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell had even been published, he had superstitiously avoided discussing it with anyone. Not even Darren knew the identity of the arch-villain he'd been creating as his new title character. Yet here was Sir Burt, invoking her name, along with a plot point Chris had only just started to flesh out.

Well, if the Enchantress really had kidnapped Ryan, then Chris supposed he would have to travel back to the fairy tale world to rescue him. And he knew just who he'd invite to come along...

... To be continued...

End Notes:  Here, at last, is the long-awaited sequel I've been promising you.  Let me know what you think.  :D