KC is best boi

Not a chapter but I'm currently crying for multiple reasons and I just want more people to see my rant like thing about KC's story.

Im not gonna have the underline things from this point forward.

I sent this inside of the Solar x Ruin discord server(which should be linked in the first chapter), nobody really shared their opinion on this so might aswell send it here as well(copy pasted):

"not really headcanon- AGAIN- but I just wanna spread my utter joy of KC's story

IN MY OPINION, KC IS THE BEST WRITTEN CHARACTER FOR JUST HOW LITTLE SCREEN TIME HE HAD.

KC IS Moon's kill code, and at the start is just that, but then becomes his own person due to Moon's ostracization of it.

NOW at the start of Killcodes story, there is already stepping stones to him potentially being able to get redeemed[at least in my mind], KC only wants to kill the bad people of the world, rid the world of all turmoil and stuff, meaning he understand the differences between right and wrong, even if they're currently clouded to him.

WHICH IS A IMPORTANT DETAIL. Lets make it clear, KC, has ALWAYS been ostracized by Moon, which become more true near when Moon starts to gain the killcode back, and Moon obviously doesn't like this part of himself, which is why he tried to abandon it inside of Sun, and we know how that went.

IT TAKES, ONE SHOPPING TRIP WITH FREDDY FOR KC TO START QUESTIONING HIMSELF, a lot of people seem to think it happened in one video[his redemption], even though its actually more spanned over three videos, still not a lot, but it's something.

Inside the video with KC and Freddy shopping, nothing really happens, WHICH I LOVE IN THIS CASE, It's purely there to act like just a normal day if Freddy and Moon where shopping together, because KC went into the store for villainous reasons, and the second that he see's Freddy, KC immediately covers his voice and try's to act like Moon.

KC is by technically masking who he is, you could say this is because he didn't want to get caught- though- I personally like to think the main underlining reason is because: Moon was ostracizing his killcode for YEARS.

Moon has also been ostracizing himself for YEARS in result, seeing the killcode of apart of himself.

This is important because this ostracization has seemed to have lead to Moon looking at both himself, and the killcode as something that can ONLY do bad.

Which, is carried onto KC more or less, since KC is still trying to fulfil his purpose at the start, and seem to think he's doing the right thing, KC obviously hasn't been affected by this as much. Though emotions can definitely affect memories, and since Moon saw the memories in a bad light, and KC only has the view point of Moon, and his emotion's to go along side them. KC also has this underlining thought that he can only do bad, and that everyone think of him as a terrible person, who can only do bad.

which is definitely hinted at inside the shopping video, specifically when Freddy tells KC[who he still thinks is Moon] about the Moondrop FANCLUB, and how even when Moon and KC where one, there was still a group of people who loved them/him.

Also since Freddy think's this is Moon and not KC, he's treating KC with kindness, and respect, answering questions, etc.

Now, this is the first time KC has really ever experienced kindness really, at the very least someone who isn't Sun talking to Moon[Where they always talk about the killcode in a bad light].

KC has a one on one conversation with Freddy, hiding as Moon.

Now, at this point, KC is most likely, confused, he's this evil entity that has only been told that he's evil, a plague, and a overall hindrance.

So being told, that you have a group of people that will ALWAYS like you, in one way or another, is gonna open your eyes.

The next we really see of KC that is important to my point, is the start of Moon's death...

KC has his intensity upped by the creator and has more or less, taken a vow to not kill, which has become more hard to do with his intensity upped.

KC wants to experience more interactions like the one he had with Freddy[and earth but I don't care enough to talk about that cuz its just shorter and is pretty much the same as with Freddy but less eye opening], now knowing that the world ISN'T just black and white, not just evil and good, and that he is being restrained of that choice.

Now we all know what happens afterwards, Moon lets KC live and have the chance to experience a whole new end of humanity of which he once aimed to destroy.

I find this all just amazing, especially since this only really happens in like three videos, five if you really push it.

KC's death, hurt me, a lot, this dude has gained a full ass life, he's getting laid, making music, feeding the homeless, and lives in a caravan in the middle of nowhere, which I find very fitting.

KC, doesn't fight Bloodmoon, he taunt's him, and that's it, competing his vow of a non-murderous life, to the end.

personally, I find this, heartbreaking, I really wish KC could've had more time on screen, so then we could really see just how he adapted to his new life, and personally, I kind of love the fact that his switch happened so quickly.

KC best boi."

I wrote that all at like 21:35 to 21:59 by the way

Amma go back to crying now

Ocean Rules | Sun and Moon showजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें