CHAPTER TWENTY

Jungle Pool SOS! (Part 2)

Kiyo coughed out the water out of her system. "Mi-mitsukuni?" She muttered as she glanced around her. She found him beside her, also coughing out water. "I'm here, Kiyo" he cleared his throat.

She gave a sigh of relief and jumped on him, hugging him tightly "You're okay right?" She asked worriedly, glancing at his face and body. He smiled at her worry "I'm fine Ki-chan, I should be asking you that"

She shook her head "I'm fine, don't worry" She then looked around "Guess we're lost" She grumbled, pouting. The white haired princess noticed that she was only wearing one of her blue sandals.

She quickly checked if her flower clip was still there, she sighed in relief when she felt it then looked back at her sandal.

"My other sandal is missing.." She muttered, frowning as she tried to look for her sandal. Honey heard what she said and saw in the corner of his eye the missing sandal of Kiyo. He got up and walked towards it.

He picked it up and went back to Kiyo "I found it Ki-chan" The short blond told her happily. The golden eyed girl looked at him and smiled "Thank you, Mi-kun" She went to grab it before he stretched his hand away from her.

She looked at her fellow third year confusingly. He shook his head "Let me" He knelt down and placed her sandal down, letting Kiyo slip her feet onto it. She blushed from the very princess-prince like interaction. "Thank you" 

The lolita boy chuckled and stood back up "Anything for my princess" Kiyo blushed harder, covering up her cheeks and turned away from him hastily "C-come on! We need to find the others" She squealed and jogged ahead of her.

Honey hid his smile and followed the white haired beauty. As they carefully navigate the jungle, the blond decided to fill the silence with some lighthearted conversation.

"You know, I've heard from some of our classmates that in real jungles, some of the trees are over a hundred years old. It's like walking through a living museum."

Kiyo started glancing around at the towering trees, her blush subsiding "Really? That's fascinating. It makes me feel so... small in comparison. Did you know that there are also elusive jungle squirrels that are very dangerous." She giggled "Known to steal snacks."

The lolita laughs "Good thing this isn't a real jungle then." He stayed silent before saying  "It's so quiet compared to the club."

The golden eyed princess looked thoughtful "I find it serene. It's as though the jungle has its own music, if you listen. The gentle rustling of the leaves, the calls of birds from afar... It's a nice change from the incessant squeals and such back at the club."

Honey smiled "When you put it like that, it does sound pretty magical Ki-chan. You say such big words" He giggled. Their conversation continues as they delve deeper into the jungle, the canopy above whispering secrets only the wilderness knows.

Meanwhile with the rest of the club..

Takashi had suddenly slipped on a banana peel again, the yellow wrapping landing on his face after he fell. The group stopped, gathering around him in worry. "Mori-senpai is.." Hikaru started, "..acting as clumsy as you do, boss" Kaoru finished, slyly making fun of their blond leader.

Tamaki made an offended noise "Shut up!" Mori sat up, grunting. The sky turned dark and they could hear thunder rumbling, warning them that it's about to rain. Kyoya glanced at his watch "Uh-oh, it's about time for the squall."

"Huh?"

Rain started to pour down heavily, they all sought out shelter in a small hut. "Hey, Mori-senpai. You seem to be really close with Honey-senpai and Kiyo-senpai" Haruhi pointed out. "Are the three of you like childhood friends?"