Chapter Two

This starts a week later, and yes I know this is going fast but you'll understand why when the raptors reach the age of one or so.

Let's get on with the story!

---

Remember when I said this would be fun? Slap me; because this is so not fun. Okay it is fun, but it's also tiring, I haven't slept properly in days.

I placed the last milk bottle in the steel container, which kept the bottles warm, before weighing all of them again and then measuring them.

"What are they on today?" May asked me softly as she sat next to me. I yawned.

"Umm, well Mary is definitely doing a lot better." I told her writing down on the log.

Feather - 22 cm, 3 pounds.

Zen - 24 cm, 3.5 pounds.

Phee - 22 cm, 3.2 pounds.

Lavender - 20 cm, 2.7 pounds.

Gemma - 20 cm, 2.5 pounds.

Mary - 23 cm, 3.6 pounds.

"She's gone up by seventeen centimetres," Mary said astonished.

"It's mad, right?" I asked, picking Mary up she was getting heavy now.

"Yeah, very."

---

It was four and a half weeks later that we had hyperactive raptors living in my bungalow. They were all at least a meter tall and they were causing havoc.

"Mary, are Owen and Barry having this problem?" I asked my friend.

"Why don't you go ask Owen?"

"We haven't talked since Saturday." I told her honestly.

"After your argument?"

"Yeah,"

"Sexual tension, I tell you." She winked.

"I don't like Owen." I was getting annoyed, all she ever seemed to tell me was that.

"Then why were you upset when he went out with Claire the other day?" I gaped at her for a second.

"I was not upset!"

"Clara, you growled when you found out."

"What? No, I didn't."

"Your swimming in an African river right now, hunny." I raised an eyebrow at her. "You know the Nile? You're in de Nile? In denial."

"I got it to begin with, I was just wondering why you were using it."

"Because you're being in denial! Admit it, you fancy -"

There was a knock on the door, I cheered before going to answer it.

"him."

"I do not fancy -" I opened the door. "Owen." I breathed, grimacing at him as he stood on the opposite side of the door.

"Hello, mind if I come in?" He asked before pushing past me.

"I did mind, actually." I told him, glaring.

"Good for you. How big is your biggest?"

"W-what?" I spluttered.

"Raptor."

"Oh, oh yeah." Owen smirked at me.

"Why? What did you think I meant?" He asked curiously.

"Nothing." I coughed.