Chapter Five

"You ready?" I asked Owen via radio.

"Not really, but let's go for it." I stood in the cage with Zen and Phee.

"Okay guys, don't kill anyone." I had the other four raptors back in the van we'd used to transport Zen and Phee. If all goes well then all ten raptors can live together during the day.

Hopefully.

"Let them go." Barry radioed, I opened the gate and closed it immediately after. I left it partially open in case of something terrible, for over three quarters it was still closed. Blue knew me well, but not well enough for me to walk around with her, especially not when she's been separated from half her pack and there are two strange raptors in an even stranger environment.

Immediately I heard a squawk and I recognised it as Blue's, I heard no answering call, but I looked out and only saw Zen, Phee wasn't in sight. I heard a growl and looked back at Zen, sure enough, he's growling at Blue.

Blue must have decided she wasn't going to stand for any growling, because, she rushed at my Zen and nipped him above the eye, I would've done something but we can't interfere. No matter what.

As soon as Blue pulls back from biting Zen, Phee rushes out of the trees on my left, running towards Blue. I heard a chirp and Phee halted quickly, squawking back at Zen. Zen ran back to Phee, chirping, squawking and clicking. The clicking is something they've picked up from my clicker, I don't know how but I suspect the bird DNA in them. Blue chirped once, and Zen and Phee both chirped back.

I looked over at Owen and saw that Charlie was still at the fence by him. I chuckled to myself.

"Having fun over there, Owen?" I questioned, snickering. I saw him send a glare my way.

"Loads. Shall we introduce another each?"

"This is where it gets tricky because of the number difference, you introduce one and I introduce two and then the same again?"

"You place three in, I'll put both of mine in and then you send in your final raptor. This way none of them will feel too outnumbered. Hopefully."

"I'll stay here while you go get the four left. Barry's doing the same for Owen." May told me, I nodded in thanks before leaving through the three doors to get out the main enclosure. Yeah, three doors. It's a bit excessive but it's necessary so no raptors escape.

"I'll bring Mary in last. Okay, May?" I radioed over. We'd once given them a plastic 3-D model of a raptor that was a bit smaller than they were and Mary took to this raptor the worst, she tore it apart. If she goes in and sees all of the other raptors getting along then hopefully she'll fall in line, with a bit of reprimanding from Zen and Phee, of course.

"Yep, that's fine. Send all four in and we can separate them when they get through to here."

"Barry, they're on the way." Chris' voice travelled through as I got the truck to back up into the door properly.

"May, open all doors, I'll get trampled if they have to wait too long."

"Already done. Just open the first when you're ready."

"Course." I opened the gate and then the truck. "Slow!" I commanded allowing them to pass me and through into the run. I walked behind them and got them into the area between their den and the main enclosure.

"Mary, go in." May told Mary opening the door to the den box. Mary listened, for the first time ever to May, and went in. May pressed the clicker and threw her a rat before closing the door. For a moment the other three just stared at her but then Mary chirped from behind the door before rustling around.

"You ready to go, Owen?" I radioed over.

"Yep."

We did a count down and as soon as Barry hit one we both pressed the buttons sending in raptors. I closed the gate behind them and Lavender turned back to me clicking and trilling, standing by the gate just staring at May and I.

"Go say hi, Lav." I told her, but she just stood next to us watching the antics of the other raptors. Charlie was now over by Delta, following her around and Delta was headed for Feather and Gemma.

---

Done.

Okay, again I know it's shorter than my original chapters, but I've decided to do shorter chapters, so I can do loads of chapters. If you get me? A lot of chapters will now be around a thousand words instead of nearly three thousand.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

- Tori