A New Challenger Approaches!

"Alright so, shall we continue?"
          Professor Cherry Blossom didn't receive an answer, just a few whispers, a few nods. She started walking and the whole party didn't stray far behind, a quiet bunch, she thought, oblivious to the inner circles of secrets and distrust that the same party had, and hid well.

          They hadn't walked far before arriving at a secondary building of the lab it seemed. A small ovular structure, the door labeled with the same company, 'Bellossom Industries'. The gang walked in, some anticipating, some antagonizing, and some shaken by the recent events. Professor Cherry Blossom remained proper, turning around timely to familiarize her guests with the next exhibit.

"Welcome! To the Pokeball exhibition! We hold a range of Pokeballs; varying catch rates, uses, and even styles! But for you beginners, the classic model will suffice~"
          On her cue, assistants with boxes stepped forward, moving through the group and handing out Pokeballs. Sova recognized them, having seen some people using them when exiting the neighborhood, their Pokemon seemed to release from these items. He compared it to the size of his Rowlet-

"... Coo?"
           It looked at him confused, its face rotating as its way of shrugging. He shrugged too, looking back at the Professor.

"A Pokemon is a big responsibility; you must not only train them to fight, but learn to live alongside them. Pokemon have more uses than their strengths, their connection, their company, and even their intellect - These Pokeballs are not cages, they're carriers, remember that. You should only use them when necessary."
"And when would that be?"
          Breach spoke up, the woman was all to theatrically vague for his likings, her pink hair annoyed him, somehow

"Well, when you don't have much space or want a Pokemon to rest during your travels, the ball is a great option then. During battles, your Pokemon will need to remain in their balls unless they're fighting, however, and must return if they faint during combat-"
"Sorry b- but, how do you know if they um... faint"
          Deadlock spoke up this time, she sounded like she was shivering, the sins crawling on her back must've been cold, a cold feeling it was, guilt.

"Pokemon have a certain amount they're able to take before going down, once exhausted from either damage or another tasking exercise, they might faint. Rendering them unable to continue the battle and must be recharged in their Pokeball via a PokeCenter, there's one in every town, they're not hard to miss."
          Professor Cherry Blossom pulled out a Pokeball, the standard red and white separated by a solid black line, with a singular button adorning the middle. The trigger to release, the key to the carrier. The Professor clicked the ball and chucked it in the air, bright, holographic red escaping in jagged patterns like lightning, reforming into a solid, feasible shape. A Pokemon. Out from the Pokeball was a Cherrim, Sunshine form, full bloom with pink petals and a round, sticker-like face.

"This is my Cherrim, it came from my Pokeball, which is where I'll release it from, and return it to when it's time for a battle- now I need one, preferably good-looking, brave volunteer!"
          Phoenix, Yoru, and Chamber all initially stepped forward, retreating after receiving Sage's disapproval via dirty look. Everyone looked at each other, nobody was brave, or stupid, enough to go into this 'Pokemon battle' having just met these Pokemon, let alone without any battle experience. Nobody but-

"I'll take yer challenge on! With this Larvitar I have! Haha!"
          Breach. Breach stepped forward with his Larvitar, already stanced up for a fight, the Professor just walked past it and took the Pokeball from Breach's hand, holding it up in the air-

"Now before we have our ambitious volunteer demonstrate battle- we must first demonstrate capture! Firmly place the button of the Pokeball to the nose of your desired Pokemon and let them enter themselves, to release, use the button - it's dual function. Now for future reference, you throw these at wild Pokemon with the button already clicked, everyone understand?"
"Mhm" (All)
          Everyone simultaneously pressed the button of their Pokeballs to their Pokemon's nose, all simultaneously entering their Pokeballs in flashes of holographic red and white. Breach released his Larvitar within seconds of capturing it, both of them brimming with destructive energy, ready to let it all out finally.