ᴀᴋᴀɢᴀᴍɪ ɴᴏ sʜᴀɴᴋs

"To hell with the consequences"

IT was a night when he had no training and Taiyo was sitting in the crow's nest next to little Shanks, who was doing the night watch.

It was a beautiful sky, illuminated by stars and with just a few very thin clouds. The ocean was calm and there were no islands or ships in sight.

The red-haired boy was leaning against the mast on the port side while the raven teen occupied the starboard side.

They were sitting still and saying nothing.

It wasn't necessary: there was so much peace that they could just let their thoughts wander and the time would pass.

"Hey, Shanks-ya..." the golden-eyed one began, clenching his hand into a fist.

This was a good time to try out his other ability.

Heliokinesis.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to hear a story?", he opened his palm and a large number of small glowing balls floated out to provide more light around him.

They were tiny suns.

And Shanks remembered the whispers he had heard at his house in West Blue.

Whispers he had heard all over the Blues and even on the Grand Line.

It was a warning to anyone who encountered the Storyteller.

With wide eyes he turned to look at the boy and he turned as the tiny glowing orbs surrounded them.

Never in his life had he been so scared and intrigued at the same time.

Shanks stared at the boy occupying the crow's nest with him. No words came out of his mouth.

The little suns around him floated still.

He didn't know what to say.

Should he let him tell a story?

The warning said so.

Should he confirm his identity first?

After all, he couldn't be sure- Hmph, who was he kidding?

Of course, he was the Storyteller . No one else could make those little sun balls with a wave of his hand.

"I don't know what they have said about me, but know that things are always exaggerated and twisted throughout history", the young man spoke with a smile. "Right now I just want to tell a story to pass the time. Do you want to hear it?"

"O-Okay..." Shanks let out a stutter.

"Well, which one would be good...? This is the first story I tell, you know?"

Shanks could only gape at him in shock.

"The f-first...?"

"Yes. The Narrator goes from sea to sea and from time to time and not necessarily in any particular order. This is the first place I'm in and this is the first story I've told", Taiyo responded with a shrug, as if he wasn't giving the boy shocking information. "Now, let's see..."

The older man smiled and pressed the tips of his fingers under his chin. His dark eyes closed as he made the decision.

"There is a boy who lives in a small town. The town is quite surrounded by a peaceful ocean. But it is still an ocean, whose power should not be underestimated. The boy has big dreams, bigger than himself. He wants to be a pirate, the greatest of all. The townspeople aren't sure where those dreams went to his head, the boy's grandfather is a sailor after all, and no matter how much they try to convince him otherwise, the boy's head won't turn".