Chapter 7: A Crazy Plan (Gigatitan)

Marinette POV

Alya and I stood in front of Alix, Juleka, Rose, and Mylène with proud expressions.

"Thanks for showing up, girls. So, check this out. I've got the...biggest...scoop! But FYI, it's seriously hush-hush." Alya puts a finger to her lips before posing and whispering, "Top secret, classified information."

"You know one of the heroes' identities?" Alix asks as Juleka, Mylène, and Rose gasp.

"No, but it's almost as hot." Alya raises an eyebrow with a smirk, "Marinette is-"

"Hold on, Alya" I whispered to her. "Is this a good idea?"

"I don't think it is, I know it is. But remember, girls, your lips are sealed. Got it?" Alya told them.

The girls nodded.

"Well, Marinette is head-over-heels for somebody." Alya declares.

"Let me guess. Adrien?" Alix asked sarcastically.

The girls chuckled uneasily.

"What? But how did you know?" I asked with a panicked tone as Alya laughs.

"You made it pretty obvious, Marinette." Mylene replied.

"So, do you think...I mean...Adrien knows too?" I asked in despair.

"No way. Boys never pick up on things like that." Rose told her.

The girls nodded in agreement while I sighed.

"Right, so let's get down to business. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to arrange a ridiculously romantic date between Marinette and Adrien." Alya paces back and forth.

"Um..." Rose glances over at Juleka, who mumbles a little.

"Girls, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Well, you see..." Mylene trailed off.

"Oh for God's sake. It will never happen. Not in a trillion years!" Alix announced.

"WHAT!?" Alya and I cried.

"Alix." Mylene nudged the tomboy.

"What? We agreed to tell her, right?" Alix shrugged.

"Why not?" Alya asked.

"Well, setting up a date is a bit much. Besides, Adrien deserves the same amount of respect that we show you." Mylène says as the girls nod.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"How do we put this..." Rose trailed off.

"Well...."Mylene added.

"Adrien thinks you're weird as fuck and purposefully tries to get away from you." Alix states bluntly.

"What!?" I gasped.

"Alix!" Mylene nudged her again.

"What!? She asked!" The tomboy protested.

"A-Adrien thinks I'm weird?" I sniffled. "Why?"

"Tyson told me what he told Adrien." Alix said.

Oh.Him. I frowned at that.

"Avaline  said you watched him when they were hanging out." Rose added.

That freakish goth girl! 

"And Adrien seems to have a crush on another girl anyway, so Marinette doesn't stand a chance." Alix continues.

"Who? Who could possibly be better than my girl here?" Alya wraps an arm around my shoulder.