Lighthouse

she was standing outside an abandoned castle she once occupied many years ago. she was skeptical but she opened the door, she's always been that way, rushing and impatient. she was then welcomed by drafty air. she was still enthralled by the antiquated frames she left there hanging, her favorite was one with poetry and dried petals. but there were cobwebs and traces of love poured into pages and 5 old remnants of damages, one was with the man who labeled her taste in lullabies magical, and promised her a voyage home, but got lost while saving a sinking ship. the one she thought who understands her metaphors because she didn't understand it herself, but sailed away right before she carved them into words.

she clung to the idea that despite of destruction this was still a great place now unkempt and that maybe, people sometimes leave it in ruins to highlight 'comparisons' to make it look a lot exquisite. she picked the only thing she can't leave in this deserted place, herself. she then left the place she once called a safe haven and started her journey to the sea. she holds no map, but she floats, perfectly still, like the stars that reflects the water when it's dark. she questioned her destination but there she saw a beacon light from a lighthouse, a mark of nonchalant wandering. she still thought of him sometimes, but she despise looking back, she doesn't long to take the same direction twice, the only burning desire she has was to run out of words from the things that broke her because she knew she's meant for more unfamiliar words she hasn't written yet. so instead, she just hoped and wished that somewhere, there will always be a lighthouse for him too, that will serve as an anchor to warn and guide him all along while they both sail through the waves, apart.