Eulogy

I recalled, in my vivid memory five years ago, I attended a funeral. When a blind woman delivered her eulogy, I sat and listened, she wove a touching narrative about her departed friend, illuminating the profound possibility of friendships formed beyond sight - forged solely through the connection of pure hearts. 

Despite the challenges of fading memories due to fate's cruel twist, the blind woman vividly recounted the enduring love her friend harbored for a girl. Every detail about her was etched in his memory. The fate might have robbed his memory, but never his heart. She still remember that girl. 

She meticulously recounted every precious moment they had shared. With poignant reverence, she unveiled a piece of paper given by her departed friend - the one who had passed away. On that paper, the birthdate of the girl he held dear was inscribed, that girl who had the journey of navigating the complexities of growing up with uncertainty. 

As I left, carrying the weight of a profound revelation from his blind friend, I couldn't shake the realization that the numbers on that piece of paper mirrored my own birthday. Since that day, while the rest of the world may have consigned him to oblivion, his memory endured, etched in the heart of the child he never forgot.

 - In honor of February