Prologue

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

Chaos ensued and erupted. Explosions and random attacks are now the norm compared to the blissful ignorance and distractions of work or socialising up on Earth.

Is Earth upwards?

What I would give to be back on Earth, rather than this literal Hell Hole.

Chugging down the rest of whatever I was drinking, I throw the bottle to the pavement before entering one of the more peaceful bars on this side of the pentagram.

It smelled musty, like an old church, but the twang of alcohol and decaying vomit lingered. Taking a seat on one of the many ragged stools, I signaled the bartender who didn't even need to ask before pouring my usual.

There's no thrill anymore.

I lean my cheek against my hand, glass in the other and stare up at the television they had placed up in the corner behind the bar. It switched between static and commercials. Vox appeared on the screen, promoting some kind of new technology.

Sighing, I trace my finger against the rim of the shot before taking it all down in one big gulp. As my head swings backwards I get another glance at the screen, Charlie Morningstar's face flashing in the centre before it switches to the news.

She seems nice. If this wasn't hell we would have been friends. I remember seeing her in an interview a while back pitching her 'rehab' for sinners.

My brow twitches as the news goes on, Katie Killjoy reporting that the extermination was coming early this year.

Fuck. The last one only just happened. I'm lucky to still have some sort of life left, barely escaping an exorcist. I wouldn't have lived if it wasn't for some idiot throwing a grenade at it... Not that they even hurt it.

Slamming some cash down on the counter, I take my leave once again. There must be somewhere in Hell that the chances of dying are reduced...

That fucking hotel!

There's no way Lucifer would let his daughter die at the hands of heaven.

That's where I have to go. Even if it's a long shot, the whole place is about taking sinners in.

╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝