Chapter 3.

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

"Now!" Charlie's constant excitement and enthusiasm never fails to impress, "With our new residents, I think it's important to get to know eachother."

We're all sat on the floor around her as she takes the lead.

"So!" She continues, "We're going to play a little game. Everyone, follow me!" She clears her throat and claps her hands in rhythm to her words, "My name is Charlie! I like to sing! And when we get to know eachother it's the greatest thing!"

She seems proud of herself, and it was impressive if she thought of it on the spot. I wrack my brain knowing I'll have to do one soon. She outreaches a hand towards Sir Pentious who seems nervous.

"My name's Sir Pentious." He claps in tune just as Charlie did, "I like to build. And despite my stupid egg bois, I think I'm very skilled!"

I bite my tongue, I'm next. They outreach their arms to me to start.

"Shit, uh.." I think for a second. "My name is Y/n. I used to kill. And ever since I died, there has been no thrill." I clap in tune.

Charlie seems happy I participated but concerned over my words, whereas Angel snorts a laugh, which unfortunately for him gives him Charlie's attention.

"This is stupid." He says matter of fact-ly, instead swiping though his phone.

"This is not stupid!" The princess of hell continues singing, unbothered, "It's just the game!-"

I doze off, leaning my head back onto the sofa behind me, only to see a figure standing on the stairs looking down to watch us. I squint, recognising the shape to be Alastor, though it was hard to make out due to the shadows.

══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══

The day continued as such, different activities throughout the day designed to 'teach' us something or other.

I'm currently sat on the floor by the sofa, not enough room on it for four of us, Husk taking a seat in the other chair available. Angel and Sir Pentious were putting on a small play for us.

I can't help but giggle slightly at the Snake demon's acting skills, playing a young child with a lollipop bigger than his head.

Feeling a hand ruffling my hair, I look up to see Alastor looking down at me before bringing his attention back up to the performance.

I shake off the weird action bus see Husk from the corner of my eye giving me a look. I just shrug my shoulders, equally confused as him. He continues watching the play, a bored look on his face.

I'm confused as to what just happened. Alastor doesn't seem to be the touchy type - since being here I've even seen him go out of his way a few times just to avoid it. Yet he seems to have no issue with getting in my personal space.

Not that I care.

"-not have sexual intercourse before marriage!" Sir Pentious, beaming pride, delivers his line perfectly.

A small round of applause is heard and Charlie gets out of her seat, "Bravo!"

I get up and walk to the bar, leaning over the counter to poit myself a glass of the closest bottle.