Chapter 2.

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

Charlie told me it wasn't much but over my stay at the hotel I could decorate my room however I wanted to. Though I liked how it was. Rather plain though, gothic red wallpaper with dark oak furniture. A singular lamp on a small table next to an arm chair being the majority of my decoration. No pictures on the walls, no books on the book shelves.

I did love the giant window on the outward facing wall, though it's a shame that Hell is not much of a view. I'd love a deep forest to look at, or an empty countryside.

The memories I had of my time on Earth were slowly fading away as the years go on. I can feel myself slowly disassociating from the person I was before, my crimes to mankind were no longer part of who I am but seem to be following me. Though I find I don't have much of a sense of who that is either-

A loud knocking against the hardwood door takes me out of my inner monologue. I move towards the door and open it, finding myself staring directly at some black crystal buttons on a suit jacket.

"Alastor." I greet him, taking a step back to allow him in, "How can I help you?"

He stepped in, cane in hand, "Well, it would just be rude if I didn't see how my guests are doing."

"I'm doing just fine, thank you." I leave the door open in caution and sit on the edge of my bed, still nervous in his aura, although he seems to be on his best behaviour. "Have you also checked on Angel?"

He lifts a brow at my question, seemingly confused before his eyes widen in realisation, "I forget he is also a guest, not just a freeloader!" He let out a sickly laugh, "He is none of my concern."

Due to the permanently fixed smile on his face, I can't tell or guess what he's actually thinking or what his real intentions are. "So, Alastor." I scan my brain for conversation topics, it's been a while since I've had to socialise. "Where have you been?"

"So, you do know me." I wince slightly at my idiocy, watching as his smile goes thin, teeth no longer on show. "Well, my dear, I just took a well earned sabbatical.. Where have you been?" He asks back either out of politeness or pettiness.

"The bottom end of a bottle, since I died." I chuckle at my own joke. "Not far from here actually, I just tend to stay out of the terf wars so I haven't been in the news for a long time."

Alastor hums and takes a seat next to me, "I'm surprised you're not taking advantage of the homicidal aspects of Hell."

"As much as I'm honoured that you've heard of me, I find that murder - actual passionate, calculated murder is no longer a thrill." I play with my hands slightly, desperately trying to recall any of my previous work, "It's become overused. On Earth it was rare, here you see it wherever you look."

I looked back up at him, he had a flat expression on his face but it seemed like he was actually listening. It's easy to talk to someone about such things when they are also famous for it. Ah shit, but he did kill a bunch of people since being down here. I hope I didn't insult him.

"Not to say I judge the people who do it down here," I begin rambling, backpedaling, "I just don't have any sort of power or influence anymore."

"I understand, dear." His arm comes towards me, hand reaching out before his fingers lightly brush my chin. "It's difficult when you have no real power."