Chapter 5.

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

"Hey!" I say, mustering up as much enthusiasm as I can muster - my drink from this morning helping me, "Charlie, Alastor told me you were looking for me?"

"Yes!" She sounds excited already, as if she has been scheming a fairy tale plan as usual, "Sir Pentious had a lesson on apologising and I didn't want you to be left out on the exercise, so I came up with something fun we can do!"

I smile taking a seat next to her, she had coloured glitter pens and paper next to her. We were in the library - or a library type room. A large table stood in front of us, even more pens and glitter and stickers layed out in front of us.

"What's the activity?" I ask, happy to see so many colourful things, back on earth I was quite the creative - but with less glitter. Though let's be honest, who doesn't like glitter?

"We are going to write letters of apologies to those we owe them too." She puts a piece of paper in front of me, and gets one out for herself, "I've been meaning to apologize to Vaggie for kicking her in my sleep." She chuckles slightly and grabs a pen.

I laugh with her and take a pen for myself, "That's just part of being with someone though."

"Yes, I know." She's refreshing to be around, I feel lighter already, "Still worth apologising for even though it's not serious. Do you know what you're going to write about?"

I think for a moment, knowing there are many people who should probably be on that list, but I can't think of one. "I'm not sure. I've done a lot of inherently evil things."

"Hmmm, well," She begins, seemingly unphased, "What about something more recently?"

"I have never tipped my usual bartender." I think back to all the times I've sat in that bar for hours on end only to pay my tab and leave. I smile when Charlie laughs at my joke.

"It's a good start." She pats my shoulder and we get to work.

I look down at the plain paper and wonder if there's something more important. Glancing over at the blonde as she takes a new colour, I think of my time at the hotel so far.

Chewing on the inside of my mouth, I begin. A letter to Charlie, apologising and admitting that the main reason I came to the hotel was for a level of protection from extermination day. Though, I'm hoping to change my perspective of the hotel over time because already she's shown me so much kindness and I can feel myself becoming kinder as I'm surrounded by everyone who resides here.

I left out my odd relationship with Alastor but admitted to my fondness for them all, and how thanks to the hotel my drinking is becoming less and I'm becoming more lucid as days go on.

After a long time writing, I put my pen down. Not knowing how to go about showing her the letter, I just awkwardly slide it over. The paper rubbing against the wood making me cringe slightly, sensitive to noise since cutting down on my alcohol intake.

She makes a small surprised noise, "No one has to read the letter, I'm not grading you on it, if you'd like to keep it private."

A smile creeps up onto my face at her sincerity, "No Charlie, the letter is for you. I'd like you to read my.. uhh.. apology to you."