one

➳༻❀ March 2020 ❀༺➳

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ real life ˗ˋˏ ˎˊ˗

♥︎
I was getting ready for the 71st Evening Emmy's. I had attended before, but this was the first year that I was nominated for an award: Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series for my role as Gia Barber in Defending Jacob. We've been doing very well this awards season by winning at the Critics Choice, Golden Globes, and SAG awards, but I'm just lucky to be nominated.

Typically, most young actresses would be going to this event with their parents, but since I'm an emancipated minor and my parents aren't in my life, I'm going with my best friends: Mackenzie Ziegler, Mason Thames, and Jenna Ortega. They're also in the entertainment industry and we've grown close in our time knowing each other.

Once I finished putting on my makeup and donning my knee-length maroon dress, I headed out the door so I could pick up my friends. I decided to go with a pink high-low dress in contrast to the dark and funeral themed outfits that I've been wearing for the press tour and other awards.

"Hi Alex," I say to my driver, who was holding the door for me.

"Hello Ms. Jackson," he greeted, going to the driver's seat.

I gave him the look, "How many times have I told you to call me Luna?"

"Sorry Ms. Jacks- Luna," he corrected.

"It's fine," I smiled. I began texting the group chat that I have with my friends to let them know that I was on my way.

♥︎

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ imessage ˗ˋˏ ˎˊ˗

♥︎

Gang

Mason - mason jar

Luna - luneytoones

Jenna - jenny from the block

Mackenzie - mackz

Jules - juju

luneytoones

I'm on the way loves

juju

I wish I could go :(

stupid family reunion

luneytoones

lol

next time hon

jen, headed to you first

then kenz and mase

jenny from the block

sounds good

mackz

i'm ready!

mason jar

i'm ready!

♥︎

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ real life ˗ˋˏ ˎˊ˗

♥︎

Within ten minutes, we pulled up to Jenna's house, where she and her mom, Natalie, were waiting for us. I got out and hugged Natalie and took a few photos, then hopped back in the car to Kenzie's house. Jenna and I have know each other for over three years, when we worked together on Richie Rich then later on Stuck in the Middle. She's like my big sister, and I spend a lot of major holidays at her place.

"So, how's the filming for Babysitter: Killer Queen? When do you wrap?" I asked.

"It's going really great," she replied. "Honestly, I think horror might be my favorite genre, yet."

"Well you've certainly got the scream for it," we laughed.

We joke around for the next few minutes as we approach the Ziegler house. Both of us stepped out to say hello to Melissa and Maddie and take pictures for heading off to Mason's home. I've known Mackenzie even since she entered the LA scene in 2015 as a competition dancer on her reality show. She's probably my longest friendship that I have and is like another sister to me.

"So, Kenz," I said criptically. "Any new music?"

"We'll now that you mention it, I'm almost done with my EP," she reveals. Jenna and I hug her. "I just have one song that needs to be finished. It's called Ignore It and I'd love for you to jump on the track, Luney."

I was touched, "Of course Kenz. I'm free tomorrow if you want to go to the studio."

"Sounds good to me," she smiled.

A couple minutes later, we pulled up to Mason's place and he hoped into the car. We gave him hugs as he got settled into the car. Mason and I have been friends the longest time of all of our friends when he became a guest star on the later seasons of Good Luck Charlie. We clicked with each other instantly and the rest is history.

ENJOY THE RIDE