18: A Hard Choice

Pretend it wasn't almost a month-

█▓▒▒░░░Warnings: I'm (not) so sorry-░░░▒▒▓█

The sun hung high in the sky as Y/N and her students took their lunch break in the courtyard of Jujutsu High. Laughter and chatter filled the air as they enjoyed the brief respite from their rigorous training regimen.

But as Y/N reached for her bento box, her phone buzzed with an urgent notification. Frowning, she glanced at the screen and felt a sinking sensation in the pit of her stomach. It was a summons from the council-an ominous sign of trouble on the horizon.

Setting aside her lunch, Y/N excused herself from her students, her mind racing with a thousand thoughts and fears. She knew that a summons from the council was never a good sign, especially given her recent struggles with balancing her duties as a teacher and her secret mission to eliminate Itadori.

As she made her way to the council chambers, a sense of unease settled over her like a dark cloud. She couldn't shake the feeling that her world was about to come crashing down around her, that the fragile balance she had worked so hard to maintain was on the verge of collapse.

Steeling herself for whatever lay ahead, Y/N pushed open the doors to the council chambers and entered, her heart pounding in her chest. The council members sat in stern silence, their expressions unreadable as they regarded her with cool detachment.

"Y/N," one of the council members began, his voice grave. "We have called you here today to address a matter of grave importance."

Y/N swallowed hard, her throat dry as she braced herself for what was to come. She had a sinking feeling that she already knew what this was about-that her dual roles as a teacher and a hunter of curses had finally caught up with her.

"You have been neglecting your duties as a hunter," another council member continued, his tone accusatory. "Your primary objective was to eliminate Itadori Yuji, yet you have allowed yourself to become too attached to your students, putting your mission in jeopardy."

Y/N felt a cold sweat break out on her brow as the weight of their words settled over her like a heavy shroud. She knew that they were right-that she had allowed herself to become too attached to Itadori and her other students, putting her mission at risk.

"But what would you have me do?" Y/N demanded, her voice tinged with desperation. "These students-they're like family to me. I can't just abandon them."

The council members exchanged a knowing glance, their expressions unreadable as they regarded Y/N with a mixture of pity and disdain. "You have a choice, Y/N," one of them said, his voice cold and clinical. "You can either sever ties with your students and focus solely on your mission to eliminate Itadori, or you can resign from your position as a hunter and forfeit your place within the Jujutsu world."