21: The Weight of Duty

█▓▒▒░░░Warnings: Don't hate me pls.░░░▒▒▓█

The moon hung high in the sky, casting an eerie glow over the deserted streets of Tokyo as Y/N made her way through the shadows, her steps echoing in the silence of the night. She knew what she had to do, knew that there was no turning back now.

With a heavy heart, she approached the dorm room where Itadori lay sleeping, his presence a constant reminder of the impossible choice she had been forced to make. She had tried to convince herself that it was for the greater good, that sacrificing one life to save many was a necessary evil. But as she stood before Itadori now, the weight of her decision bore down upon her with crushing force.

Taking a deep breath to steady her trembling hands, Y/N stepped into the dorm, her heart pounding in her chest as she approached Itadori's slumbering form. He looked so peaceful, so innocent in his sleep, and for a fleeting moment, Y/N hesitated, her resolve waning in the face of the reality before her.

But then she remembered the council's ultimatum, the choice they had given her—kill Itadori or risk her standing within the Jujutsu world. She couldn't afford to show weakness now, not when so much was at stake.

Summoning every ounce of courage she possessed, Y/N raised her hand, her fingers trembling as she prepared to deliver the fatal blow. But before she could act, a voice cut through the darkness, freezing her in her tracks.

"It's okay, Y/N-sensei," the voice said, its tone calm and resigned. "Do what you have to do."

Y/N's heart stopped as she turned to see Itadori standing before her, his eyes devoid of fear or anger. Instead, they held a quiet acceptance, a sense of peace that sent a shiver down Y/N's spine.

"Itadori..." Y/N breathed, her voice barely a whisper as she stared at Itadori's body. She had expected resistance, anger, perhaps even a desperate struggle for survival. But she had never expected this—never expected Itadori to accept his fate so willingly.

"I know what I am, Y/N-sensei," Itadori continued, his voice low and measured. "I am a curse—a being of darkness and destruction. And if my death can prevent further bloodshed, then so be it."

Y/N felt a lump form in her throat as she listened to Itadori's words, her heart heavy with the weight of his sacrifice. She had never imagined that she would find herself standing face to face with her own student, preparing to end his life at the behest of the very world she had sworn to protect.

But as she looked into Itadori's eyes, she saw something unexpected—a glimmer of humanity, a spark of compassion that belied his fearsome reputation. And in that moment, Y/N knew that she couldn't go through with it—not when faced with the stark reality of the life she was about to extinguish.

Lowering her hand, Y/N took a step back, her resolve crumbling in the face of Sukuna's quiet acceptance. "I can't do it," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I can't kill you, Itadori."

Itadori's expression softened, a ghost of a smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Thank you, Y/N-sensei," he said, his voice tinged with gratitude. "For everything."

And with that, he turned and disappeared into the shadows, leaving Y/N alone with her thoughts and the weight of her decision. She knew that she had defied the council's orders, that she had risked everything for the sake of one life. But in that moment, as she stood alone in the darkness, she knew that she had made the right choice—for herself, for Itadori, and for the bond that connected them all.

As the first light of dawn painted the sky in hues of gold and rose, Y/N emerged from the dorm, her heart heavy but her spirit unbroken. And as she made her way back to Jujutsu High, she knew that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges and obstacles. But she also knew that as long as she had her students by her side, they would face whatever trials came their way together, united in their shared determination to protect each other, no matter the cost.

.

.

.

"Y/N-sensei! C'mon it's time to wake uppppp!"

hehe it was a dream bish >:) (just like, pretend it's the first of april and not the 22nd)