Dreamweaver

There was Adam, surrounded by the girls who seemed to be his exorcists, having coffee after a hunt. They were laughing and chatting calmly as if they hadn't just finished off thousands of souls. It didn't sit right with him; it wasn't right for them to rejoice without any consequences in heaven after committing such atrocities.

Lucifer began subtly, as he only manifested his soul; he didn't want Adam to realize he was manipulating him, not yet. He decided to start with some emotional manipulation; he wanted to see him slowly break inside.

"Master, your halo,' said Lute.

All the girls at the table fell silent as Adam demanded, angrily, to be told what was happening and why they were looking at him like that. Lute spoke again.

"It's gone, sir, just like your miserable soul will be".

Before Adam had time to process the information and the shock, the girls disappeared, and he found himself alone, kneeling with Lute in front of him, her face serious with her hands behind her back. He looked around, but it was an infinitely white place, seemingly without beginning or end.

"What the hell is this place, bitch, where have you brought me?", he says, looking lost

"Oh, sir, but this is not my doing. These are the consequences of your own actions." Lute smiled slightly. "You thought we followed you because we considered you our leader. You thought we had some respect for you, but that's where you were wrong. It's true that when your leadership began, we respected you, but now?" She laughed condescendingly. "You don't really think that anyone in their right mind, no matter how much they enjoy killing, would follow a misogynistic forty-ish who uses us, that watches as we give our lives for heaven and for you, right?. What's the best thing you've done for us, sir? ," She spat, venomously."Congratulate us with an out of line remark when we do a good job. Oh, I'm sorry, you also pay us, of course. Pay us for our time and our lives? How generous, don't you think?"

"What the hell are you talking about, Lute! If this is a joke, it's not fucking funny."

Lute didn't respond. She simply stared into his eyes with an air of superiority, her smile growing slowly until her face resembled that of a deranged person who had claimed their first victim and was experiencing the ecstasy it brought. Adam looked at her in disbelief, and before he could process it, Lute disappeared. The first man looked around again, his heartbeats growing faster and faster as he heard the laughter of a whispering voice that he didn't recognize as Lucifer at that moment.

"It's not enough," the voice said.

Once again, the setting changed, seeming to teleport him to another realm, but this time he found himself standing upright amidst a familiar scene. It was a serene meadow dotted with a few trees, the sun casting its golden rays, bathing everything in warmth, while a gentle spring breeze danced through the air. Adam's heart raced as he scanned his surroundings; there was an unease gnawing at him, and his suspicions were swiftly confirmed when he spotted his two sons not far from him, seemingly enjoying a stroll.

Desperate to reach out to them, Adam attempted to call their names, but to his horror, no sound escaped his lips. It was as if he had been rendered mute by some unseen force. His breath caught in his throat as he observed something that made his blood run cold; both of his sons carried baskets brimming with apples. These were the same apples, he realized with a sinking feeling, that he and his wife had requested them to gather on that fateful day—the day when Abel met his tragic end at the hands of Cain, becoming the first victim and Cain the first murderer in history.