Chapter 36

I didn't sleep after leaving Tony's bedroom that night. Instead, I cleaned myself up, then wandered down the stairs and into the living room in search of the man I'd just orgasmed to.

The television was on, flashes and flickers of light illuminating the otherwise dark space. Vincent's usual spot was empty, a pile of mint wrappers haphazardly tossed, some in between the couch cushion.

I assumed he'd gone to sleep as it was nearing twelve-o-clock, so instead, I found myself digging around in the freezer until I found a tub of ice cream—chocolate chip cookie dough, also Julia's favorite. This was the same tub she sobbed into only days ago. I vowed to buy her another as I stuck a spoon into it and plopped down on the couch, immersing myself in the show which followed a male African penguin.

I was wrong about Vincent being asleep, as he and Gina both walked out of their bedroom and into the living room twenty minutes later. I turned around, pulling the spoon out of my mouth and licking my top lip.

Gina had a fluffy robe on, Vincent shirtless with just a pair of joggers, his hair disheveled. Even in the dim lighting, I could make out the blush that tinted Gina's cheeks as she pulled at the strings on her robe, tightening it.

"Oh my," she gasped when she saw me, a hand on her chest. "Sadie, you scared me."

"Sorry," I said, chuckling. "I couldn't sleep."

She waved her hand dismissively. "Oh, you're fine. I was just getting some water."

When she retreated back into the bedroom after grabbing a cold bottle of water, Vincent hovered in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, watching me. He crossed his arms, biceps bulging, veins prominent. I shamelessly admired his body as I sucked the ice cream off my spoon, my eyes rolling down to the faint v-line above his pelvis.

Vincent sighed and scratched the back of his head before strolling over to me, my heartbeat thudding faster with every step. He leaned down toward me, breath minty, then pulled the spoon out of my mouth. I felt my jaw drop, astounded by his boldness. He dug it into the tub I held and shoveled a spoonful into his mouth, plopping down at the other end of the couch.

"I wasn't finished," I mumbled sheepishly, watching him lick the spoon that had been in my mouth only seconds ago. He ignored me, focusing on the television.

"Did you just finish fucking her?" I asked quietly, gesturing behind me.

Vincent's head snapped toward me. "That's none of your business, Sadie."

I held my hands up defensively. "Relax, would you? Why so cranky?"

Vincent ran a hand through his hair. "What are you doing with Tony?"

I cocked a brow. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

I scoffed, standing up with the tub still in my grasp. "That's none of your business."

I maneuvered past him, my legs hitting his knees, but Vincent pulled on my arm too fast for me to react. I collapsed in between his legs, my knees hitting the floor. I hissed at the sharp pain. The tub had fallen against his chest upside down, the contents leaking onto his skin in a melted, sticky mess.

He plucked it off him and placed it on the end table beside the couch, a frown on his face. I stared up at him through my lashes. "That hurt, Vincent."

"What are you doing with him?" he repeated, moving his thighs apart. He corrected his slouch, but made no move to clean up the ice cream which dribbled along his chest. I watched the dessert slither in between the hairs on his pecs—it was an oddly erotic thing to witness, not to mention the strong thighs on either side of me.