Chapter 1

You are the new recruit in the task force and mostly everyone was friendly with you. Except for Ghost. You don't know why but you were certain that Ghost hated you and you don't know why.

You were sat in your room texting Soap. You and Soap had become best friends and you were quite happy. Price was like a father to you as you didn't know your own father so price had practically stepped in for that role. Laswell had also taken the role as a mom as she knew your history with your own mother. Gaz, Alejandro and Rudy were like brother's to you and always had your back. And Graves was like that brother that you wanted to kill.

"So? Your interested in anyone yet?" Soap messaged you causing you to roll your eyes.

"No I'm not" you typed back.

"Come on you must like someone" Soap replied.

"I don't" you messaged

"What about Ghost? He's a handsome fella" Soap typed

"I'm convinced he hates me" you messaged before putting your phone down and climbing into bed. You fell asleep.

---

You woke up and got into your uniform. It hugged your curves perfectly it wasn't skin tight but it wasn't baggy either it was just perfect.

You walked into the mess hall to grab some breakfast. As you were waiting to heard some other recruits talking. "Ghost is so hot it's a shame I didn't get in the task force I wish I could be with him all the time" a girl said stood behind you. You had to hold back a chuckle if only they knew they didn't have a chance with Ghost.

Ghost didn't date. Everyone knew that.

You had promised yourself the day you realised that Ghost didn't seem to like you that you would never fall in love with him. Even though it was hard as you had a thing for men who wore masks.

Ghost was hot not going to lie but he always acted like he hated you so you always tried to keep your distance.

You grabbed your breakfast and went and sat with your team. You sat next to Soap who was stuffing his face with food. Ghost sat opposite you but he didn't eat anything he just stared at you with cold unfeeling eyes.
You started to feel uneasy but you pushed the feeling aside.

You laughed and joked with the team but Ghost just silently stared at you. You blinked in confusion. You shook off the feeling of unease and carried on joking around the everyone else.

---

You were walking around and you saw Ghost with another girl. She looked to be head over heels in love with him. Soon she will be dragged from cloud nine all the way back to earth.

Ghost had a strange look on his face. He looked like he was uncomfortable around the girl. He caught you eye and walked over to you. "Autumn" he said your name in a calm tone "you okay? Thought I'd come to talk to you" he seemed to be rambling like he was on edge. Then you noticed the girl staring at the two of you. "Is this about that girl staring at us?" You asked him.
He had an look of unease in his eyes. "Yes... she's one of the girls I fucked... just a one night stand...but she thinks its deeper than it is" he said sounding annoyed.

You sighed and walked over to the girl "hey listen Ghost may have fucked you for a night but that doesn't mean that he's actually into you." You said, you were being blunt and not caring about anything. "My pookie bear loves me" She said in an overly sweet voice. Pick me girl you thought. "He ain't your pookie bear" you said your voice becoming cold and dangerous. The girl tried to slap you but you caught her wrist  mid slap your eyes were cold and unfeeling. "I won't tell you again. Leave. Him. Alone." You said coldly.

The girl ran off looking terrified. You turned to Ghost and he stared at you. "Thanks" he said in his gruff voice before turning and walking away.

What a jerk.