CHAPTER 02 | ACROSS MY RED LINE

• • •

-third person-

"What now?" Jungkook's voice reverberated through the room, his body sprawled across the bed with arms folded beneath his head. He stared at the ceiling above him, it's blank expanse mirroring his uncertain thoughts.

"What do you mean what now ?"

Jungkook shifted his attention to the girl at her study desk, his brows furrowing in contemplation. "What do you mean what do you mean what now?" he echoed, the words lingering in the air. "I've decided I want to participate in this competition but...how?"

"What do you mean how?"

"What do you mean what do you mean how?" Jungkook's expression morphed into one of mild frustration before he sat up on the bed. "How am I supposed to- It's a band competition for heaven's sake, means I need more than just myself, more people to work with."

Sohee released a weary sigh and pushed up her glasses before finally diverting her gaze from her notes to meet the boy's sullen face.

"So what's the problem?" she started casually, leaning back on her chair."Seoul is teeming with talent. Get your ass out there and find your team. It's not rocket science." she retorted sharply before returning back to her studies.

Jungkook's pout deepened at Sohee's blunt retort. "You could at least say it nicely you know," he muttered, his gaze dropping to the floor as he swung his legs back and forth.

After a moment of silence, a glint sparked in Jungkook's eyes as his hands clasped together. " How about this? How about you join me!" he proposed, his voice laced with a newfound excitement.

Sohee's expression remained unchanged as she turned to face Jungkook fully. She could almost envision imaginary bunny ears sprouting from his head in anticipation.

"If you want to get kicked out at your first audition, then sure," Sohee quipped, her words landing with a weight that made Jungkook's shoulders sag, his gaze dropping to the floor yet again.

As Sohee watched him, her eyes softened, and she carefully set aside her glasses and put down her pen before joining him on the bed.