CHAPTER 06 | MY FIRST POLAROID

• • •

-third person-

"Wasn't I supposed to fall in love or something?" Y/n lamented, her gaze shifting between Rosè and Loey. "I feel completely out of my element." Rosè averted her eyes with a heavy sigh, avoiding anymore mocking remarks directed towards the nervous boy.

Jungkook stood there, awkward and embarrassed, clutching the microphone with sweaty palms. "I-I'll do better," he stammered. With a nervous swallow, he cleared his throat for what felt like the hundredth time, preparing to sing.

But before he could utter a word, D intervened. "Oh, for heaven's sake!" His tone was sharp, causing Jungkook to startle. "You've been saying the same thing for the past two hours."

"D, calm down," Rosè interjected, her voice carrying a hint of seriousness. "Like everyone else he needs practice." Loey nodded in agreement. "Let's start over," he suggested, tapping his drumsticks together once again. "3, 2, 1-"

"I need a break." With that, D grabbed jacket and stormed out, ignoring Rosè's attempts to call him back. Silence engulfed the room as Jungkook stared down at his shoes, biting his lip.

Y/n sighed, setting her guitar aside. "Call me when he gets better." And with that, she too left, leaving behind a tense atmosphere.

Another heavy sigh escaped Loey, while Rosè shook her head in disbelief before turning her attention to Jungkook, who remained with his head bowed. Her heart ached at the sight, angered by the treatment Jungkook endured.

"Don't mind them," Loey reassured him. Finally, Jungkook looked up, offering a small smile. "Do you mind if I take a break as well?" His voice wavered.

Rosè and Loey exchanged glances before nodding with understanding. "Of course."

-jungkook-

I leaned against the balcony railing, my mind a whirlwind of thoughts. I was frustrated. Frustrated with myself.

Perhaps this was a mistake. Everyone is upset with me. I think I should-

My reverie was interrupted by a presence behind me. Hastily, I wiped my glossy eyes and turned to find Rosè standing there, a gentle smile on her lips. I sniffed, returning her smile. "Mind if I join you?" She asked.