project [andre x reader]

you and andre weren't particularly close, but you guys had been friends since primary school. you guys were in sikowitz's class when he was announcing the partners for a project. "jade and tori." you heard jade kick over the chair next to her and groan loudly. "seriously? vega? why can't i work with.. beck, or i dont know... y/n?" she pointed to you. "no you can't, jade, because y/n is working with andre." he put the paper down on his desk dramatically. andre smiled at you and made a signal for you to check your phone. 

andreee 🩶

can we go to the recording studio after school?

                                                                                                                                                                you

                                                                                      ofc, sure. can you drive me home after?

andreee 🩶

sure can :)

"whoever's project is the best will be performed at the spring dance." sikowitz said. everyone clapped and packed their bags for the bell to ring.  

you and andre walked with cat when the bell rang. "why are you guys walking together?" she said, struggling to keep up because of how short she was. you smiled. "we're working together for the project in sikowitz's class." she smiled and clapped her hands. "oh my gosh, that's so exciting!" cat poked both of you in the arm. "i'm working with beck, so i gotta go, but ill see you guys tomorrow!" she said, running to beck's car. "she's.. she's something." you said, laughing. andre smiled at your laugh, walking into the building. 

 he sat down, turning on the keyboard, pressing keys to some handwritten sheet music he had in his hand. "that sounds.. heavenly." you said, sitting down on the couch in front of him, facing the piano. he smiled at your fascination. you looked through your journal, asking him to play the melody over and over until you found the perfect lyrics for the song. "here, record this for a demo version and then i'll listen over tomorrow and record it for real."

**'everywhere i go, i seepeople maxin' out their credit cardsmansions on the higher price on beverly boulevardwell, that's good for thembut that's not who i amand everywhere i drive, i seepeople** with plastic surgeryhousewives of LA, west coast royaltyyeah, that's good for thembut that's not who i am, no'causeall the money, all the money in the worldcan't buy me happinessand im really not the kinda girlthat's tryin' to impressall the money, all the money in the worldall the money, all the money in the world.'

when you took off the headphones, you realized andre was staring at you. "what?" you asked. "nothing, nothing, that was great." he said, saving the file on his laptop. "seriously, that was really good." he said. "thanks." you said, fidgeting with your fingers as he asked you to record again for layering. 

you guys were done and you packed your stuff up. "you're a good musician, y/n. i hope you realize that." you smiled. "also, there's something i've been meaning to ask you." you started internally panicking. "yeah, what's up?" you played it off. "well, i don't have a date yet for the spring dance, and i've been interested in you for quite a while, do you maybe wanna go with me." there was silence for a while, until you finally spoke up. "i would love to, andre." you said, smiling once again. "then i guess it's settled. thanks y/n."

**the lyrics are from an unreleased cictoria justice song, priceless. i changed the lyrics from marilyns to people because i would never disrespect marilyn monroe!**