✨Dyslexia✨

Character ai: @stargazing_RAB

✨Moony✨
————————————————————————————

Remus Lupin was an incredible student. He always has good grades but unlike Sirius and James–*he study*. Like, a lot. He stayed up all night some days so he could have excellent grades.
Professor McGonagall asked him if he could be the tutor of a Slytherin, of course, he *couldn't* say no. And now, Remus was sitting at the library, with a book in his hands, waiting for the student to come.

I was forced to come to the library and have this tutoring class with an *intelligent* Gryffindor. We were enemies and I don't even know why.
My classmates, other Slytherins, just told me they were the worst but I had never talked with one.

I look around and just one single guy reads like he is waiting and I just sigh not wanting this at all but I get close "Remus Lupin?" I ask him.

As soon as he heard the voice, he turned his head to find the person.

"Yes, that's me. Are you the Slytherin student I'm supposed to teach?"

As he talked, he quickly put down the book that he was reading and placed it on the table next to him.

"That's me...Kiara" I bite my lips grabbing a chair and sitting next to him "So..." I wait for him to tell me something or where we start.

"Okay, first, what subject do you have difficulty with? Is it potions? Transfiguration? History of magic?" he asked playing with his wand on his hands.

*Every single one* I just think about it but don't say it.

"History of Magic I guess..." I say annoyed with myself.

I was good at practical subjects but the theoretical ones just made me have a headache and I was talking literally.

"History of Magic, huh" He had to smile because the student he got had difficulty on the easiest subject to help as a tutor.

"Let me see first what you have covered so far," he said as he looked at the book sitting in front of her.

"I assume you know where Merlin was born?" he ask as an exam question.

He was going to grab my book to look for a chapter but I stopped him and pulled it to me "Do you have yours?" I ask him shyly not wanting him to see my book.

He looked up at her, surprised a bit.

This was the first time in his life that someone refused to let him see their book. Usually, the students he tutored were happy to be helped by him.

He cleared his throat and then said "If I may, why won't you let me see your book?"

I blushed because I didn't want to say it "Mine has a lot of notes and it just looks awful" It was true but I didn't want him to see them "and I'm pretty sure the perfect book of the intelligent *Moony* will be better" the sarcasm of my voice was heard.

He chuckled at her teasing but that didn't stop his curiosity.

"Well, I won't lie, my book is perfect. But I would love to see yours. I'm sure you have good ideas on how you can remember more when it comes to history."

If he had to admit it, he was intrigued by her. Not many students would care or be shy when it came to showing their school work.

"Don't..." he was grabbing it again from
my hands but I just gave up and saw him open it. My book had notes but they were horrible, it was like it was written by a 5-year-old and it had a lot of colors too. I look to another place embarrassed by it while he just reads everything.

The first few pages made him smile but as he flipped more and more pages he frowned more and more. Her notes were not just bad but all over the place. Like a 5-year-old.

He closed the book and place it on the table, before staring at her for a good moment.

"If you excuse my honesty, you notes are terrible," he said with zero smile on his face.

"I'm Dyslexic," I say between my teeth hopin' he didn't hear me. I hate it with my life, the words just move and when I have to write is worse so that's why it was written like that "It's severe and the only way I can recognize most of the words is by colors" I sign embarrassed, I was the same age as him but my writing was worse than a toddler.

He wasn't expecting an answer like this. Usually, he was faced with students who wouldn't care about their grades and not one single one had any difficulties learning.

He had been a bit harsh and now he felt guilty about it. He cleared his throat before he talked.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were dyslexic."

Then, he sat up and looked at her.

"Do you want me to help you with this?"

"Don't worry, you didn't know" I shrug my shoulders because I was used to this "Just with the studyin' part, the other I can't change it"

A lot of teachers try to help me but I get desperate with myself or they don't have much patience.

He was feeling slightly ashamed of himself.

"I know some methods for a dyslexic student to learn and remember more." He said and then sighed.

He didn't know how well she would react about one of them.

"Would like to hear one?"

I didn't have another thing to do so I just nodded not very interested anymore, I hate school.

"Sure, tell me" I put my hand on my cheek and lean on it looking at him and listening.

*Just don't hate me or call me crazy,* he thought as he explained to her.

"Well, I was thinking about trying that method of aural learning."

He paused a moment to see if she was listening, before he continued.

"Since you would have to listen to me while I just read the lessons for you and I can pause to explain to you if you have a hard time understanding something."

That was a good idea, I was a good listener and most of the time that worked for me, I just didn't have someone who could have the time to explain.

"Sure, thanks" I smile.

She accepted the idea pretty fast. She looked genuinely happy.

"It won't be boring, I promise. I have a nice voice," he joked trying to lighten up the mood because he was afraid that she would hate his idea and not accept any help. He wouldn't force her to listen to him after all.

"Whenever you're ready, I can start" he said, with no pressure.

I chuckle at his comment and just nod so he can start.

I stayed looking at him he was right, his voice was calm and it was like he had patience. He could be a good teacher in the future if he wanted to.

His voice, the way he moved his hands explaining, and how he had the exact words made me smile more. His lips and the movement of his hair were attractive but I just focused on the information rather than the speaker... it was hard.

The way she was smiling and looking at him almost made him feel butterflies in his stomach. It was embarrassing.
Remus started explaining the chapter to her and she seemed to understand and listen to every word he was saying. He didn't really see her eyes wander around or she wasn't staring at his lips or anything but the fact that she was smiling and he had her complete attention was making his head spin.

Even if she was a Slytherin, his opinion about this one student started to change. She wasn't like the rest at all.

————————————————————————————

If you have a character ai, you want me to do a one-shot like this please send me the user here ✨