Chapter Three.

November 11th, 1983

3 days until the party.

Evan sat in the living room, staring off into space. He wondered about Henry,

'How is he reacting to Charlie's disappearance? Did father tell him about the murder? Was Henry himself involved!?' His leg began to bounce as he thought further, 'If Henry was involved, what was his purpose for it? He was always a loving father... Then again so was my father...' He bit on his fingernail, sweat rolling down his face.

"Hi, Evan!" Elizabeth jumped on the couch next to him, it made Evan's heart skip multiple beats.

"J-Jesus... Hi Beth..." He stuttered out.

"Are you ready? We get to go to the pizzeria to help out today! Father even said I could help cook, Hehe" Her eyes shined innocently, the light from the TV only further adding to her aura.

"Uh yea I'm ready..." He shot her a fake smile. I wish I could be happy about returning to the pizzeria... He turned away and covered his mouth, attempting to hide his frown.

"Okay then!! I'll get Michael real quick, father said to wait in the car." She gave Evan a kiss on the cheek then walked upstairs.

William, with his messy, brown hair and air of mystery, sneakily walked into the doorway; his disturbing blue eyes shined bright, revealing a depth of knowledge that could keep the bravest man up at night.

He stood and stared at Evan for a moment, only stopping after Evan turned and saw him.

A smile played on William's lips as he cleared his throat and walked over to the boy, his steps measured and deliberate.

"Be careful around Henry today, he's still upset by Charlie's 'Disappearance'" He made air quotes and chuckled, the sound sending a chill down Evan's spine.

'What a monster, he doesn't even care about the damage he's done.' Evan gritted his teeth as his eyes followed William's every move.

With an unsettling mixture of affection and menace, William patted Evan on the head before walking outside, his silhouette disappearing into the shadows of the early morning as he began to start the car.

"Oh my god! Elizabeth get OUT!"

Evan looked over at the staircase and raised an eyebrow, "The hell..."

Elizabeth ran down the stairs, laughing so hard tears began to form in the corner of her eyes.

"Evan! You won't believe it! I walked in on Michael jerk—" Elizabeth was cut off by Michael's much larger hands wrapping around her, she yelled once she was lifted up.

Michael, who was in his embarrassingly pizza themed boxers, began to carry Elizabeth over to the front door.

"Let me go, Pizza Man!! It's not my fault you can't lock your door!!" She clawed at punched at Michael's back, but he didn't budge, instead, he threw Elizabeth outside, locking the door before she could stand back up.

"Hey!!" Her muffled voice yelled.

"Learn to knock!!" Michael yelled back, running back upstairs.

Evan watched the whole scene go down with widened eyes, and now, a red face due to him holding in laughter.

The young boy sat near the door, attempting to tie his shoes by himself, in which he failed miserably.

"Evan!!" Elizabeth yelled from the other side of the door, "Father said come to the car!" She giggled then ran off.

"O-Ok! Be right there..." He stuffed his laces into his shoes, hoping Elizabeth would tie them for him.