The Educator

A little something because the kids at my work are absolutely melting my heart at the moment and helping me hold onto my last string of sanity <3

James: maternal yet sexy, childcare educator who believes every child is equal no matter magical or muggle background

Regulus: a fucking fine looking, rich French man who doesn't particularly like children but now has a nephew and would die/kill/survive for that small human.

James finished cleaning up the paint from the sensory experience he had done with the children, he wasn't sure if childcare was what he wanted to do full time but it was such a rewarding job and the children, both magical and muggle, made the world such a better place. James didn't know what true happiness was until he saw that he was the reason a baby would smile, the pure innocence they held and the joy in their laughter was something unmatched.

The children in his nursery had all fallen asleep now after lunch and James had some time to himself, he looked at the photos he had taken throughout the day and started writing a post for the families to see as well as filling all their bottle and sleep charts in.

James sat under the dim lamp light, smiling at his kids who were all asleep soundly in their small beds. James worked in the first room of the childcare center, most of which were now little toddlers but some were still in the infant phase. James knew that his afternoon would be busy because he would not only have the other eight children he usually had but he would also have a new child orientating.

The day progressed and one by one the children began waking up, James changed their nappies, popped them in new clothes and sent them outside to his co-worker Lily for afternoon tea. James got the room tidy and the bags set for home time when he heard a knock at the door, three figures coming into the room.

James came out from the change area and smiled when he saw Sirius and Remus enter the room, with their little boy Azriel, or Azzy for short. Azzy was James' new orientation and he couldn't have been more grateful for it to be someone he already knew.

Azzy lifted his hands up excitedly as he saw James, already knowing his face after being around him so often. James came over and cradled the baby, lifting him up into the air and laughing as Azzy reached out to grab James' glasses.

"Well I know he's in good hands" Remus gave Azzy a kiss on the forehead, "we'll see you later darling" Remus grinned as Azzy ran a hand over one of his scars, giggling at Remus as his fingers ran over the bumps.

"Ok James you have everything we told you? I've brought extra clothes, his special blanket is in there if he needs it, I've put an extra dummy in incase he loses his, theres nappies and cream, I made sure there's two hats and here's his water, oh did you remember to fill his water bottle with boiling water not tap water?! He's too young to have-"

"Padfoot, this is my job, this is what I'm good at. I have everything Azzy needs and I'll make sure to take photos to send to you, you've got nothing to worry about"

Sirius sighed, "I know, I know he'll be ok. I just don't want him to feel left out with the other kids! What if they laugh at him because he hasn't got a mum?!"

"Sirius. The eldest child in the room is 2 years old..."

Remus took Sirius' hand, "he'll be ok"

Sirius nodded, "ok, yes ok ok, I'm ready to go- oh also James my brother is coming to pick him up from kinder tonight, his name is Regulus"

"Oh Regulus! Yeah I never got the chance to meet him because he didn't come over from France. Is he here permanently?"

"He's not sure yet, he's over here for holidays and to be with me and Azzy but who knows, maybe if he finds something worth staying permanently for?"