Ch. 2 ~ Flashbacks and Fanistons

It was the 2003 Golden Globe Awards. Where my mom won Best Actress in a Comedy TV Show or something like that. I know it was for Friends, though. I only remember a bit of the night, but I just remember NOT wanting to be there. Looking back on it on YouTube, I thought my mom looked beautiful. My dad's hair... Eh. Not so much. When I asked my mom why she didn't just get a babysitter for the night, she told me that she didn't want to be the mom that just dumps her kid off for her convenience. Why she wanted to take me to an awards show as a bratty, restless three year old, I don't know. I was wearing a little pink floral dress with my blonde hair up in pigtails. My mom tells me that I kept myself together during the limo ride to the venue, but completely lost it when she went up to receive her award. Before this, I had been sitting on her lap with my arms around her. The cameras had already focused on me a couple times, because I had the most sour look on my face. My mom told me she was pissed that they were doing this, but I would've have been pissed at me for acting like a brat. I don't even know why I was I allowed in! Anyway, when they read off the nominations and the camera came over to us again and everyone clapped, I knew something was up. My mom tries to hand me over to my dad, but I was pretty much attached to her and she didn't want to cause a scene. But when she actually had to go up and claim the award, my dad pried me off of her and tried to calm me down. She started walking up, and I started flailing around, smacking my dad in the face. I ran down the aisle screaming, "MOMMY!!!", determined to return to her. My dad didn't even do anything. Just stayed in his seat laughing. I mean, wouldn't you chase your three-year-old before she goes up on stage before thousands of people? Anyway, my mom laughed nervously and motioned for someone to pass me to her. Matt LeBlanc happened to be that someone, as he had followed up there. In the video, I wasn't expecting him because he came from behind. He passed me to my mom, who balanced me on her hip. The whole place was roaring with laughter. My mom told me she was furious with my dad for not doing anything. His disregard and failure to take control of this situation was the beginning of rumors of a failing marriage. My mom wasn't angry with me though. Even though the video went viral, and magazines came out criticizing her parenting skills and calling me a brat. It didn't really have a huge affect though, because I was still asked to do movies. It may have just been because of who my parents are, but my mom says it's because I could and can still act. I didn't know what to think. It took a couple years for the hype to die down, and for people to stop asking, "Ellie Aniston? The little girl who was screaming at the Golden Globes?" whenever they heard my name. The video was actually hilarious, if I watched thinking that I was a normal kid, watching some famous daughter act out it public. But it was me, and there was nothing I could do to change that. My mom just laughs about it now, and my dad doesn't talk about it.
"Hi Ellie! I'm a huge fan. Can you sign this for me?"
My thoughts were interrupted in the line for Space Mountain.
A little brunette who looked about nine had a notebook out with a pen.
"Yes of course sweetie!" I quickly signed my name, and she pulled out her iPhone. Huh. I didn't get one until I was twelve.
"Can we take a picture? I love you and your mom so much!"
"Thank you! We love you too! And yes!"
I leaned down a bit to get closer to her height, and she snapped the picture.
She then came in for a hug, and I put my arms around her. Breaking away quickly, she hurried back to her place in line, where an annoyed teenage brother glared at me from where he was standing. Geez. Wonder what his problem was.
"Sorry." I turned to Jade. As much as I loved Fanistons, I hated putting her in an awkward position. I mean, I'd hate to have a famous friend and to just stand there while they signed autographs.
"Don't worry about it!" She tried to give me a reassuring smile, but I could tell it bothered her a bit.
~
We were sitting on a bench on Main Street, resting our legs from all the walking. And evading paparazzi of course. It was pretty pathetic that these people come to theme parks just to bother celebrities. If you would even refer to me as a celebrity. I hated the paparazzi. When I was younger, they terrified me. All the flashing lights. I was so overwhelmed most of the time that I would start to cry, and my mom would just hold me whenever we had gotten away. I've learned to deal with it, but I still find them annoying. Fanistons, however, were kind of my favorite people in the world. They weren't just fans of my mom, but me as well. Even though I will probably never be as successful as her, they still thought of me as something special. And I was grateful.