Ch. 3 ~ What Could Go Wrong?

"So how are we getting home?" Jade asked me as we were walking out of the candy shop.
"My mom or Justin could probably grab us. And then you could sleepover."
"Seriously? They're not off filming or something?
"Not that I know of. And I hope I don't have to go to my dad's something since I kind of ditched out on going over to his house."
"Hopefully. Because I really want to pull one of our famous all-nighters." She responded with a sly grin as we went through the exit of the park and sat down on a bench underneath a Once Upon a Time poster.
I smirked at her and pulled out my iPhone to call my mom.
After two rings, she answered:
"Hey hon!"
"Hey mom. If you or Justin aren't busy, could you come pick Jade and I up?" I asked in my sweetest voice. Jade was crossing her fingers.
"I don't have anything planned... I'll be there as soon as I can!"
"Okay great! And can Jade sleep over tonight?"
She sighed. I imagined her smiling on the other line.
"Why not baby girl?"
I squealed in excitement and high-fived Jade.
"Thank you thank you thank you I love you!"
She laughed and replied with, "I love you too! I'm on my way."
Jade and I squealed once again simultaneously as soon as I hung up the phone. Her brown curls were bouncing all over the place.
"The drive is like an hour. Do you want to kill some time and make some vines?" She asked me, eyes gleaming in excitement.
"Why not Mon?"
~
An hour later, we were sitting in the back of my mom's Mercedes, going on and on about the people we annoyed.
My mom had put on sunglasses and didn't have any makeup on. (She was still gorgeous.) The paps were very few in numbers, just following me and Jade up to the car, earning a glare from my mom.
"Oh Jen!" Jade caught my mom's attention. It seemed a bit ridiculous for my best friend to call my mom something like "Ms. Aniston", so we all kind of agreed that it would be fine for her to go by Jen with Jade around.
"Yes sweetie?", Mom smiled as she pulled onto the freeway back to Beverly Hills.
"A little girl came up to Ellie today and she was so sweet to her. You've raised such an amazing young lady."
I gave a sideways look to her, asking the question, "What are you doing?" with my face.
She just mouthed, "It's okay" and listened for my mom's response.
"Well thank you Jade! I'm glad she has you in her life! But trust me, she can be a handful sometimes."
I knew she was joking, so I said, "Not even going to argue with that one. It's like I'm always PMSing to be honest."
They both laughed. People have told me that I'm funny like my mom, and that I have great comedic timing like she does. I guess I could be funny when I wanted to, but I was no where near the natural ability of my famous mother.
I then got a text from Jade:
J- Just trying to butter her up so we can act like maniacs all night. It's what we do best.
Me- Alright. And you know we won't even have to worry about Justin. He probably wouldn't even care if I was bringing guys into my room at night 😂
J- Are you?😏
Me- Oh of course. None other than Ross Geller.
~
"Well look! It's Ellie and Jade! The two loudest girls in LA!" Justin clapped as we came into the entrance hall of the house.
I did a sarcastic little curtsy as Jade called out, "You got that right Mr. Thereoux!"
Mom came in and was embraced by Justin.
I pulled Jade into the kitchen and told her to grab anything she wanted.
We were soon running up the stairs with Oreos, Doritos, Sour Patch Kids, Kit Kats, Coke - the works. Nothing could ruin tonight. I had my best friend and junk food. What could go wrong?