Ch. 7 ~ New Project

I spent most of the day in my room just sulking. As soon as the yard was clean I left, but then my mom had to go for a ride with Justin so that he could get the other car and drive it home. Ugh. They must have gone out for lunch or something because they haven't been home for hours and it's almost 5 pm now. I guess a plus of them being gone was that I could go onto my mom's laptop without getting caught. And I know this sounds terrible, but I looked at some of her emails too. Typical work stuff.
As I was laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling, bored out of my mind, I heard a knock at the door.
"Come in," I said softly.
"Hey baby." My mom said as she came and sat on my bed next to me. "I have some pretty exciting news."
"Really?" I ask, wondering what it could be.
"I already agreed to star in Mother's Day, and they thought of you when they were thinking of who to cast as my daughter."
The last time we worked together was in 2011 for Just Go With It, when I played Maggie or Kiki Dee. I knew I should have been a little more grateful, but I replied with, "They only want me in it since I'm your daughter." She just sighed, "Do you want the part or not? It think it'll be fun to work together."
"Well of course I do. You know I love acting."
"I'll let them know. We're going to meet with the rest of the cast tomorrow."
I nodded and she started walking towards my door. She then turned back around and said, "I have to admit, it was pretty brave to go TP his house." She smiled and walked out, shutting the door behind her.
I guess she wasn't too angry after all. I mean, the stealing her car part was pretty messed up, but what I did wasn't too bad. It was just how it all happened.
Whenever I get my phone taken away, I'm always stuck wondering who had texted me. I didn't really have any friends besides Jade. I did hang out with Bailee Madison sometimes, but it's definitely difficult to get together a lot because of our busy schedules.
I figured it was probably safe to go downstairs now, so I went downstairs to see Justin and Mom curled up together on the coach, watching The Best of Me. I had already watched it on Netflix, and I was amazed that Justin would sit through such a chick flick. I personally loved Nicholas Sparks movies. It would actually be really cool to be in one. Especially since they always cast total babes. When the Longest Ride came out, I fell even more in love with one of my top celebrity crushes- Scott Eastwood.
If you've seen the Ellen episode where the footage of my mom fangirling over Clint Eastwood, you'll understand how obsessed I am with Scott. Must be an Aniston thing. Anyway, I made friends with one of Clint's daughters- Morgan- who's eighteen, at the premiere of Cake. She told me she was a huge fan of mine, and I knew who she was as well. We really hit it off and I was invited to a party at her house a couple months back. There weren't really many celebrity's kids there, but mostly just hers, her older sister Francesca's and Scott's friends. I found Morgan right away because I didn't want to look like a loser just standing around awkwardly. Or that I was only invited because I was an Aniston. Anyway, Morgan introduced me to him right away. Luckily for me, he was shirtless. Another positive part of the whole thing was that I didn't make an idiot out of myself. He told me I looked beautiful and that he was happy I came. It's really a shame that the age gap is so huge. A lot changes between 1986 and 2000.
Anyway, I just quietly got comfortable in one of the other couches and got into the movie.
You never really realize how much you rely on your phone until it is taken away. If I wasn't grounded, I'd be up in my room watching Netflix or stalking people on Twitter. Or even holding Q & A's under the hashtag #askellie. If I was feeling social, I'd be out with Jade to dinner at our favorite little downtown cafe. I had actually resorted to hanging out with my mom and Justin. It wasn't that I didn't like hanging out with them. I just felt like they were so great together that I didn't really fit in. Even though Justin had always been so sweet to me. Before he proposed to my mom, he took me out for an entire day to do whatever I wanted so that he could ask for my "permission" to marry my mom. Even though my dad and I don't have the best relationship, there's still a part of me that wishes my parents would get back together. It's never going to happen, but let's face it, it would be better than having an essentially broken family. Maybe when my mom and Justin get married I'll feel like I'm part of real family. But for now, I'm just not feeling it. But it's not really about me. They love each other so much. I guess if my mom's happy, I should be happy too.

Author's Note: For my story, Ellie was in Just Go With It. I hope that's okay :) and thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments. :)